I just finished the Legacy of the Force series and was really dissapointed that they didn't tie up more loose ends.
- Why did Jaina even train with the Mandalorians? She didn't use her berserker fighting style to fight Caedus!
- Could Allana's storyline be anymore predictible?
- I thought earlier books referenced Lumiya talking with a future Caedus, but we never see Caedus flow walk back to talk with her. Did they just forget about this or was it someone other than Caedus?
- Could Jag's character be any more of a tool? The guy just get's pushed into whatever role needs filling. Hey fighter pilot, why don't you become a bounty hunter and make a suit or armor like Iron Man. Then you can lead a task force to hunt down Alema. We don't have anything lined up after that, but you can take the Falcon out for a spin for no apparent reason and be a punching bag for Jaina. Crap, the Empire needs a new leader - hey how about Jag? Ridiculous.
- Tahiri wasn't much better. I'm glad there was some storyline around her because I like the character, but it took Ben half a paragraph to talk her out of being a Sith.
In all, I felt like every sub plot was too rushed. They need an extra page or two of conversation or detail to bring readers in. As it is, it felt like reading a wikipedia summary of a real story.
I did like the middle books a lot - some focus on the mandalorians and background on the clones was great. And I loved the run-in with the hidden Sith...that was a nice little plot connector for those of us reading the novels and the Legacy comic line.