I never said the media doesn't fawn over him. I said the media fawns over Brady just as much as they do Favre now. I suggest you try to read posts, take a minute to understand what is said, then post a rational response.
Let's look at a few facts here:
- Favre is not lucky or mediocre. The Packers have had ONE losing season under his leadership out of 16 seasons. Find me another QB playing today with anything similar.
- He does not choke 95% of the time. You might need to take remedial math. If anything, I think Favre has more comeback 4th quarter victories than anyone playing right now.
- Does he have a lot of interceptions? You bet! Guess who else cares more about winning than his own personal stats? Favre had a ton of interceptions because he was the only playmaker on the team and was doing what he could to win games. If anything, he's probably guilty of taking on too much of the responsibility for winning.
- He has not had great receivers to work with, nor a decent running game for most of his career. Walker? Ahman Green? Levens? Favre's play made these guys better, not the other way around. Jennings has been good this year, but it remains to be seen if he's that good or if Favre is making him look that good. What has Walker done in Denver? What has Green done in Houston? Freeman couldn't even get a job after he left the Packers! Has Ryan Grant been doing well? Heck yeah. Were the Packers dominating the first half of the season without him? Ooops, yes they were.
- Yeah he admitted to taking painkillers. Big whoop. I'd bet every player in the league takes something for pain following their weekly punishment on the field. Well, maybe not kickers. Anyway, its not the same as taking steroids - I don't get how you think his play was so much better because of an addiction to pain killers? The guy comfessed to a personal problem and that's all you've got against him.
- Favre isn't trotting his wife around for media attention. If they want to interview her, that's their choice. She happens to come to most of his games and I've seen her interviewed twice in 16 years. Wow, that's some heavy media coverage! Maybe his girlfriends just don't come to the games. There certainly isn't as much of a story to them as someone surviving breast cancer. I never said Brady slept with every woman out there, but I don't know a lot of real credible guys that have dumped an ex while she was pregnant. Isn't Gisele pregnant too? But they're not married? No offense, but that track record is not likely to win him popularity contests as a family man.
Brady may not always have had great receivers either, but look at what he can do when he gets a Moss - a perfect season so far. Favre's never had anyone like that. I can't believe anyone thinks that Dillon and Maroney haven't helped his game in the past. These guys are top tier RBs - Dillon has several rushing records and Maroney scored what 15 TDs last year? Yeah, he's been quiet this year, but that's because they don't need him with Moss scoring 23 TDs. Brady also has the advantage of having a coach who is considered a coaching genius - Favre hasn't had very noteworthy guys calling the plays. I'll also add that Favre has been around a lot longer and is in the twilight of his career, so he's had a lot longer to grow on people.