Community > Other Toy Lines

Latest vintage acqusition

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ben:
Depends on whether it's a reissue, vintage, or loose. I paid $120 for a boxed reissue in a long box about three years ago, and the prices for that are still about the same. Linky to a reissue. This one is a little low, but it's been opened and the stickers are applied. This is the version I have, with the box I can't read and everything.
The book style box (white box) goes for about the same or more, and if I was going to buy a G1 Megatron, that's the one I'd look for since it has extra accessories with it. Example.

Loose vintage can be had for around $50, if you don't get into a bidding war. Linky.

Boxed vintage is pretty much astronomical, IMO. Dig this auction. It's an American version, with an opening bid of $300. There are few Transformers I would pay that much for. I'd pay that much for a loose complete Fortress Maximus, but last time I checked, they go for more than $300.

I like this auction. If I had the money to compete for it, I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Megatron is a little easier to purchase than Optimus Prime. I've seen Hasbro's 2002 reissue get towards $200 MIB, which is insane. Takara's New Year Prime tends to get a little nuts too, as well as the white boxed version that's a couple years old.

Victor_Von_Doom:
Thanks for the detailed info inadvertent imitation, I appreciate it.

I think I'm going to try to track down an original loose version.

Madcow:
I was cleaning out my toy collection from my Dad's attic yesterday and found my G1 Ultra Magnus complete with the with the box and everything. My friend bought it at a garage sale 5 years ago for $2 and gave it to me since I was a big TF fan at the time. The only thing it's missing is the large left fist but I just bought a set yesterday on Ebay so I should be good now. This thing brings back sooooo many memories. I remember my mom buying my first one at Sears for me when I was little. Magnus is my second favorite after Optimus. Gotta love Prime. Which reminds me, I also found my TRU reissue Optimus MIB and still sealed. I have to crack that sucker open!

Ben:

1988 GI Joe Shockwave w/ full cardback.

I've been looking for this dude for a while. Most specimens were incomplete, and $15 or more. I found this one on BBTS for $8.

I was surprised when it arrived with the cardback. The description on the site said nothing about a cardback.

Yes, that's my hand, and yes, I got a lot of crap on my desk.  :)

Victor_Von_Doom:
Shockwave was always one of my favorites when I was a little kid. Unfortunately my original one broke many years ago and was all discolored from being outside in the sun too much. I had trouble too tracking him down, but finally got a complete one a few years ago for $5 IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version