Community > Other Toy Lines

Transformers

<< < (3/352) > >>

CorranHorn:
As of yet I've not heard that they will be exclusives, here;s hoping their not so the price can be relatively low. So far I've read that the following will be or have been made:

Smokescreen: Subaru Impreza WRX
Hound: Jeep (as shown above)
Sideswipe: Dodge Viper
Bluestreak (called Silverstreak for copyright purposes): Subaru Impreza (a rehash of Smokescreen, which is ok since thats how the original G1 line was made)

You could also throw the Masterpiece Optimus Prime into the Alternators line since he's a true rendition of both his cartoon form and of a huge big rig. Here's to hoping we get a Masterpiece Starscream, that would be soooooo sweet.

Ben:
Wow, I am SO shocked that the line is ending. ::) Couldn't be because it was near impossible to find at retail, would it? I hadn't seen anything beyond wave 2.

CorranHorn:

--- Quote from: HMI on December 18, 2003, 01:15 PM ---Wow, I am SO shocked that the line is ending. ::) Couldn't be because it was near impossible to find at retail, would it? I hadn't seen anything beyond wave 2.

--- End quote ---

I dunno about it being impossible to find. There was some question with Wave 3 for a couple months, then sightings of it exploded. In my own area I found Wave 3 figs at least at a half dozen walgreens. The same seems to be occuring for Wave 4, of course I can't find the last one I need :( The big problem with the line fading out is that there aren't that many more G1 based characters to release from the original Takara line and as such there isnt much to offer. Too bad Hasbro just wouldn't commission Takara to make some for US release, woulda loved to have gotten a Shockwave, Scourge, and Prowl....

CorranHorn:
Whoa nelly, just got the Alternators Smokescreen and it's just downright awesome. Words really can't explain how great of a Transformer this guy is, but I'll do my best. The transforming of this guy is outta sight, took me 15 minutes to get him completely transformed on the first try. There's just so many intracacies that you could easily miss the first time thru. The paintjob, sculpt and detailing  are top notch. Standing in at around 8 inches tall this looks like what a Transformer SHOULD be, not some disgusting piece of plastic like the Energon Optimus Prime. He's just so fun to play with and just look at, I'm really happy with this purchase. And for $20 you can;t go wrong. If you were just thinking about picking this one up, once you see it in person all doubts will go away.

CorranHorn:
For the Detroit Auto Show Mazda debuted the newest Transformers: Alternator figure based off the 2004 RX-8. He doesn't have a name yet, but speculation is running with the bot actually being Jazz. Once you see the pics and animation you will know why I would prefer this not to be Jazz, perhaps Hot Rod but not Jazz....

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/NA_Autoshow/frameset.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version