Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 359333 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: OT Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2004, 08:42 PM »
Ditto.

I only ordered Vader.  I am passing on prequel stuff with the exception of the Animated Clone Wars Figures.

DBK

Just got a shipping confirmation on my Chrome Vader today... should be here by 11/30.  ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2004, 09:38 PM »

Jesse, have you ever seen our SWS.com thread in the Watto's section?  (it's 33 pages long)  You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your observation there:

Ha, I forgot about those pics!  Actually I have read through some of that thread (probably not all of it), I think the stories in there are what made me so nervous about ordering ANYTHING from SWS.com, much less somewhat fragile busts.

I've got my fingers crossed for you guys, if these actually do make it, you should be very happy with them.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2004, 12:10 AM »
Woohoo!  Got my bust (and delivery confirmation e-mail) today!   8)  Opening it up right now.  But the box looks to be in good shape at least.  It's got "Please Handle With Care - Fragile" stickers on it, and the bust was double wrapped in bubble wrap, with a construction paper type of material fillin in all the gaps.  Pretty well packed overall.  Surprisingly...

Cool!  Just opened it up, and it looks perfect!  Very nice item.  Don't have the regular version, so this is really the first one I've seen up close.  Love the real chain for his cape.

Guess it's time I open up the Luke Stormie, now that he's got a pal to play with.  Let the OT Bust collection begin!

That said, anyone got some cheap ones (extras, or otherwise) that they want to sell me?   :)  Brent, didn't you have several extras?  LMK if you wanna wheel and deal bud.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2004, 12:12 AM »
Wait... you got your bust today? ******.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2004, 12:41 AM »
Your blatant jealousy is most unbecoming.  SUCKER!   :-*

I've got a bust that Dave doesn't have!  I've got a bust that Dave doesn't have!  I've got a bust that Dave doesn't have...

;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2004, 12:45 AM »
wrong again

I was just wondering why you got yours so quick, that's all.

:P

P.S. I've got 16 busts Matt doesn't have! I've got 16 busts Matt doesn't have! I've got 16 busts Matt doesn't have!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2004, 12:59 AM »
Ah, ****.  Dammit!   >:(

Oh well.  Don't see why you need to call me names then if you've already got the damned thing, dumbass!   ::)

I assume you nabbed the Luke Stormie at some point after Comic Con, since I couldn't get any extras, right?  Or do I get braggin rights on that one at least?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2004, 01:04 AM »
I assume you nabbed the Luke Stormie at some point after Comic Con, since I couldn't get any extras, right?  Or do I get braggin rights on that one at least?

Jeez, man, just go back one page and you'll see them all.... but here, let me re-post them for you:

And to answer your question, yeah, I nabbed the Luke Stormie off of Wayne (reconsgt) a while back.

Now stop making me post today!!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2004, 02:08 AM »
Hey Dave, where's the Blue Clonetrooper?

I had two of those at one time, ya' know...?   :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2004, 02:11 AM »
 >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 27, 2004, 01:58 AM »
Dale, have you checked your e-mail yet today? 

I checked yesterday & its on its way.  8)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #266 on: November 27, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Dave, nice collection.  I don't see Luke X-Wing which I saw at Suncoast a week or two ago, is that out or am I imagining things?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2004, 06:51 PM »
Yeah, he is out, as well as the Gamorrean Guard I think. I get these busts from a comic shop that's not all that close to my house, but the guy who owns it is a friend of mine so he just orders them for me. I usually stop out there around once every month, six weeks at the latest, and just pick up whatever he has for me. Which kinda sucks - last time I stopped in, I had to write him a check for almost $700, and I haven't been there since early November, and don't anticipate going back till at least the first week of January  :o

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2004, 02:29 AM »
The Luke Pilot is definitely out.  I've seen it at a couple of comic shops so far.  I haven't been to a Suncoast in a while, but I'm sure it'll be there soon.

My latest Gentle Giant score?  Doing some backtracking and picked up the Jango Fett mini-bust.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #269 on: December 4, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Looks like my OT bust collection is finally underway!  That's aside from the Comic Con Stormie Luke and Chrome Vader that I've already got.

Just secured a trade for a MIMB Biker Scout, Tarkin, X-Wing Luke, and Stormtrooper, all for about $30 each - shipped.  Not bad!  Merry Christmas to me, I guess!   :P

So what's that leave me with now, as far as OT busts go?  Bossk, Gamorrean, regular Vader, Boba Fett...  Anything else?  Looks like 3PO is just about out too, I think.

Regardless, I'm excited to finally get rolling with these things, after procrastinating for the better part of a year and a half.  Bring 'em on!