Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179540 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2009, 12:50 AM »
These are good points, but we must inderstand that OUR perception is just that.  It's not truth.  The element of preconcieved beliefs was one of the most frustrating things about TPM...so many people were dissapointed with the content of the movie (they didn't show this, it's not how I imagined it, this should be different) that they didn't even give the film a chance.  I think TPM is an interesting, but clunky movie, but the SW content it delivered, straight from the horses mouth, was good.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2009, 02:32 AM »
On the Bossk Debate...  it's not unprecedented for characters to convey speech through context of actions or language we dont' understand.  R2's beeps and whistles, Chewbacca's growling.  These are the most obvious examples. 

I always felt EU writers lamed it up by NOT utilizing characters like Chewbacca in their writing properly.  Instead he was often pushed to the wayside.  Comics often used him better for some reason, over novel authors.

I personally feel Bossk could (and should) speak through hisses, with his words being conveyed by the reaction of those he's talking to (IE: Han to Chewbacca in the OT).  I don't think subtitles would kill children either, but I think if Bossk is working within a team, it would be easy for another character to basically interpret for him like Luke does for R2, Han for Chewie, etc.  That's my opinion, but I'm biased as Bossk is without a doubt one of my fav characters from the OT, and I'm geeked to see his "history" as a badass killer being expanded now in CW.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2009, 12:07 AM »
As if Clonetrooper variants were not enough get ready for the Mandalorian Warrior variants.  I actually welcome the possibilities  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2009, 12:31 AM »
Obi-Wan's droid R4-P17 is coming.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #214 on: September 8, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I bet this will sit well for all you Jocasta Nu "voters" out there: She has a role in the upcoming CW series, so your fervent demands may be realized after all.  ;)

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #215 on: September 8, 2009, 10:37 AM »
I really wish this line was not animated and done in a realistic style, they are so many great things/characters coming out of the show but I cannot collect cartoons. At least the vehicles are realistic......

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 8, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Awesome! I hope they eventually put her in the Legacy line, and increased exposure to kids will help....especially if she'll be carrying a lightsaber like anotheR Site reported. We need more old ladies. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 8, 2009, 11:40 AM »
I really wish this line was not animated and done in a realistic style, they are so many great things/characters coming out of the show but I cannot collect cartoons. At least the vehicles are realistic......

Yeah, I feel just as passionately on the opposite end of the spectrum. I ONLY want the animated line. And I would LOVE animated versions of some of the "classic" figures but I realize they are separate mediums with unique content and appeal.

I cannot collect that Legacy swag because the quality of the sculpts, representations, etc is, IMHO, abysmally poor compared to the original Vintage Kenner figures. I think Hasbro does a GREAT job at reproducing the animated likenesses though.

Apparently I am part of a very tiny minority of collectors focusing exclusively on the CW line. I wish there were more of us!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #218 on: September 8, 2009, 11:51 AM »
We need more old ladies. :)

Yes we do: ACKMENA.

Maybe she will guest star in the CW cartoon as a younger lady before she tended bar.

Offline therupert

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter!
« Reply #219 on: September 8, 2009, 12:28 PM »

Yeah, I feel just as passionately on the opposite end of the spectrum. I ONLY want the animated line. And I would LOVE animated versions of some of the "classic" figures but I realize they are separate mediums with unique content and appeal.

I cannot collect that Legacy swag because the quality of the sculpts, representations, etc is, IMHO, abysmally poor compared to the original Vintage Kenner figures. I think Hasbro does a GREAT job at reproducing the animated likenesses though.

Apparently I am part of a very tiny minority of collectors focusing exclusively on the CW line. I wish there were more of us!

This is EXACTLY how I feel.  I too, ONLY collect The Clone Wars line.  In my opinion, The Clone Wars stuff is the absolute BEST stuff that Hasbro has ever done...

I knew I liked you McMetal! ;)
« Last Edit: September 8, 2009, 12:28 PM by therupert »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #220 on: September 8, 2009, 03:42 PM »
I cannot collect that Legacy swag because the quality of the sculpts, representations, etc is, IMHO, abysmally poor compared to the original Vintage Kenner figures.

???
I have to respectfully disagree.
Have you looked at the vintage stuff lately? While it was great for the time they look like Fisher Price Little People from back in the day. While I can respect the love for the very kid friendly animated figures the majority are lacking in articulation and value. The Legacy line is Star Wars figures at their best. While there are few undesirables the line's never been better. I have been with it since 91' starting with vintage and have been with the modern line since day 1.

To each his own but I have to defend Legacy which is the core SW line that will live long after the animated line. I will be picking up the animated Aayla Secura and the occasional figure for the accessories. I picked Yularen for the Table, Plo Koon for the sabers, Gren Clon for the Gattling gun but ditched the figures. Gha Nuckeet, Cad, Magna Droids, IG droids and that Death Star looking droid. Droids seem to be the easiest crossovers that pass as realistic enough. Hasbro is doing a good job on everything in my opinion. The only aspects they have been sucking Bantha Balls on is the price & product delivery.

BTW - Welcome to JD!
« Last Edit: September 8, 2009, 03:43 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 8, 2009, 03:52 PM »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 8, 2009, 05:21 PM »

To each his own but I have to defend Legacy which is the core SW line that will live long after the animated line. I will be picking up the animated Aayla Secura and the occasional figure for the accessories. I picked Yularen for the Table, Plo Koon for the sabers, Gren Clon for the Gattling gun but ditched the figures. Gha Nuckeet, Cad, Magna Droids, IG droids and that Death Star looking droid. Droids seem to be the easiest crossovers that pass as realistic enough. Hasbro is doing a good job on everything in my opinion. The only aspects they have been sucking Bantha Balls on is the price & product delivery.

BTW - Welcome to JD!

Fair enough, bro. It takes all types! I always feel similarly obligated to defend the CW line that frankly, is propping up the franchise right now, IMHO. I read A LOT of comments from fans in online forums that are critical of the CW stuff. I just don't get the disdain. This line is aimed every bit as much at collectors as kids, I think.

I have been collecting since the very first figures were release in the 70's, so yes, I have a personal fondness for the Kenner line. But I just think the figures were better quality back then. The same way that I feel that animation was much better before computers came along. (Bugs Bunny still KILLS any of this CGI junk) As a toy designer, I'm sure you're well aware of the production process differences today as opposed to 30 years ago. I really do not think increased articulation is a great enhancement though. To me, it offends the eye seeing all those exposed joints. It destroys the visual continuity and realism of the figure. Kenner had the right idea starting out - 5 points is enough.

I fully agree Hasbro is an utter disgrace when it comes to product delivery. I can't even imagine how much simpler and happier my life would be if they would simply announce a release date and I could walk into a store knowing it would be there on that day to purchase. If they can do it with DVD's, they can absolutely do it with toys.

Thanks for the welcome! This is one of the more robust forums I have joined recently - I love that!

Rupert - great to hear I am not alone! Keep flying the CW flag high!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2009, 05:36 PM »
So when are we getting a Tactical Droid?  He's appeared in more than a handful of episodes and if you add up his screen time it probably exceeds some of the Jedi we're getting.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Wasn't one shown at SDCC?  I thought it was, but now I'm not so sure on that. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77