Collectibles > Kubricks

Kubrick Newbies - Questions and Advice

<< < (38/41) > >>

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: JediJman on July 14, 2015, 09:32 PM ---What's a Kubrick?

--- End quote ---

That is correct!  Toy lines: Where are they now for $800, Alex.

space monkey:
A couple of comedians in here...

In regards to my above question I seem to recall iamsith doing some customs back in the day, I'm not sure if anyone has any knowledge on dismantling or breaking apart kubricks.

Now to the reason for my post, another question. Has anyone noticed the plastic of the outer robe of their Spirit of Obi Wan Kenobi deteriorating?

I was handling the kubrick recently and noticed the plastic of the robe was a bit tacky or sticky but the rest of the figure was fine. Being that the Spirit of Anakin is almost the exact same kubrick I checked that one too and it was in a similar condition. I has to be because of the softer plastic used and its translucentness, as opposed to the hard plastic of the translucent body and the solid plastic used on other kubricks which is fine.

I gave them a wash in warm soapy water and there's been an improvement.

JediJman:
Wow. Yes!  Both my spirit Obi and spirit Anakin have sticky capes.  I heated them up with a hairdryer to soften the plastic then slid the capes off.  Then I scrubbed them both down with dish detergent water and rinsed them off.  Dried and heated again with the hairdryer.   They were better but still sticky so I washed, rinsed, and dried them a second time.  I really scrubbed the surface inside and out, then rinsed in hot water for about a minute.  Cloth dried and now they look like new.  I had to heat them up one last time to make sure all the water dried and loosen the neck hole to slip them back on the figure.  We'll see if that lasts, but they look new again.  Thanks for the tip - I didn't have them on display so had no idea that was happening.

Adrian:
 :o all my ghost/holos are hard to get too. Has anyone else noticed this as well? what about the others?

I Am Sith:

--- Quote from: space monkey on August  5, 2015, 10:05 PM ---In regards to my above question I seem to recall iamsith doing some customs back in the day, I'm not sure if anyone has any knowledge on dismantling or breaking apart kubricks.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I did several customs back in the day.  Most of the brick torsos are glued so you have to break them apart.  I would remove the arms and go in with a razor blade along the side.  Once the blade was in slightly I would start to rotate it until I could see the two pieces coming apart.  Stick the blade in further and then give it a good turn and it should split in two.  You may end up with a small hole where you first went in with the blade, but if you are adding robes or when you put the arms back on it shouldn't be too noticeable.  You may also need to superglue the torso back together when you're done so that it stays together.  Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version