Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Matt_Fury:
I saw a bump on Adult Swim last night that said George Lucas was buying the image rights to older actors.  Think he saw Tron: Legacy and had an idea?

Phrubruh:
All three of them would probably prefer to be voice actors anyway.

Lestat:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on December 18, 2010, 02:42 AM ---Really?  You'd want to see Ford, Hammil, and Fisher, all reprise their roles?  ???

--- End quote ---

Of course I would. You wouldn't? That way you have the expereinced actors to ground the movie and link it to the OT. Additionally you have the chance to bring in younger characters as their children and other NJO folks. If it were done right (which unfortunately it probably wouldn't) it would be amazing.

Jesse James:
I just watched Carrie Fisher's one-woman-show thing on cable the other day...  She's funny, but she ain't Leia anymore, and I'd question her ability to reprise her role as Leia very well.  Her youth played something into her character.  Hammil's too.  They're not really the grandest actors, not to me anyway.  And they're old now, and out of shape, and so on...  I don't know that I'd want to see an old, overweight Leia, or a wrinkly Luke...  I'm ok without that.  I'm ok with the saga ending the way it did.

Harrison Ford is the only one who could possibly play Han Solo as an older guy and do the job well...  I think the rest I'm happy to not see them try.  They'd only probably ruin my expectations, with or without heavy Lucas involvement.

I honestly think the Prequals would be a greater success as far as being a "work of art", than your suggestion of seeing the OT characters as old people with kids, possibly grandkids, etc.  I like the OT more, as do most of us I feel sure, but I'm happy with it being over at this point.  :-\

JediJman:
I don't even remotely doubt that we'll see new Star Wars material on the big screen again one day.  Its just too valuable of an asset not to make it back there.  And with the way film tech is evolving, it wouldn't surprise me to see Luke/Han/Leia reprise their roles as nothing more than CGI.  James Cameron said that if he had devoted the same amount of time to making regular people as he did to creating the Navari in Avatar, he could have easily cooked up realistic looking people with nothing but CGI.  Why not utilize this method to create a SW story beyond ROTJ using the characters we all know and love?  It isn't an IF, but a WHEN.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version