Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

How does Padme REALLY die?

<< < (2/4) > >>

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on September  1, 2009, 10:28 AM ---Ok. Lets say that Padme isn't dead and she did come back and meet Anakin. How much would that totally mess up Anakin?

--- End quote ---

He still thinks back to her even when he's on the Death Star (according to the novel of the same name), so I'd guess this is abouta s much leverage as you're going to get over him.  I like the idea of Palpy stashing her away - if Vader ever did train an apprentice to go against Palpy, that's one final secret weapon that would likely stop Vader right in his tracks.  Maybe they'll even write that into an EU story.  ;)

Tracy:

--- Quote from: Ryan on August 31, 2009, 11:37 PM ---****** writing is my answer.

--- End quote ---

Bingo!  The weakest excuse for the death of a potentially strong woman who turned into the weakest pile of poodoo around that whiney little putz.

Keonobi:
My question is why couldn't Anakin sense that Padme was pregnant with twins.  Apparently he doesn't know that until Return of the Jedi.  (Obi-Wan and Yoda seem to share a look too, so I'm wondering if they knew).  Shouldn't Jedi be able to sense the babies? 

They should have written it different so that Anakin was away for Padme's whole pregnancy, she has the twins just before Grevious' attack, Anakin is recalled to Coruscant (Anakin is excited to see his Wife, but doesn't know about the babies at all...), Padme is evacuated by order of the Jedi and leaves the babies in Obi-Wan's care, but her ship is destroyed in the battle, Anakin comes to blame her death on the Jedi and falls to the darkside (maybe even through in a subplot that instead of trying to save Padme, Sidious seduces Anakin with promises to resurect Padme; "A power some consider, Unnatural....").

Either way Padme's death does seem too weak and out of place for the character and Anakin's fall would have been more believable if it was because of her death, not to prevent it...

Tracy:
I always thought that Anakin should have been responsible for her death.  Before the PT, I had such a romantic notion of Luke and Leia's mother being a heroine.  I always had the story in mind that she died while somehow trying to protect the children.  I had a notion that she had sent Luke to the Lars' and she went into hiding with Leia - and was killed trying to flee/protect Leia from Vader/his henchmen. 

Jabba the Slug:

--- Quote from: Tracy on September  1, 2009, 06:01 PM ---I always thought that Anakin should have been responsible for her death.  Before the PT, I had such a romantic notion of Luke and Leia's mother being a heroine.  I always had the story in mind that she died while somehow trying to protect the children.  I had a notion that she had sent Luke to the Lars' and she went into hiding with Leia - and was killed trying to flee/protect Leia from Vader/his henchmen. 

--- End quote ---

I LOVE this theory - I could totally imagine Padme dying trying to protect the twins ... and she is such a strong character, why would she just drop dead?  ???  I don't think Lucas had to kill her just to keep continuity with the OT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version