Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Antique Finish Detail

<< < (2/13) > >>

CHEWIE:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on March 30, 2010, 05:05 PM ---I can't say I'm a fan of chase anything...  They add an element to the line I can't stand, and it's inevitable that that element makes other aspects of the line difficult to find beyond the chase stuff.  Some of the UGH in the past haven't been too hard to track down (2007's stuff wasn't horrible to find), but complete figure changes I think are going to be a bigger headache than gold coins.

Like I said, some of that I'm geeked about, but other stuff I don't really care...  Will the stuff I'm geeked about be something that can be tracked down then?  Ugh...  Ugh indeed. 

--- End quote ---

I agree with the part about how it will suck if these end up being rare... if they're very hard to get, then it make is more of a chore than a hobby.  And that ruins a lot of the fun.

GrandMoffNick:
I love the idea if it weren't for the fact I think they will be a struggle to find.

I think Chewie hit it on the nose.

JACKOFTRADZE:
In the theoretical words of Roadblock  "If you order by the case you will have no need for the chase!"

Scott:
None of the last few UGHs have been hard to get.  This huge for knocking a lot of the figures off the Vintage update list.  I have some pictures of Power Droids that look nothing like the GNK versions and are what the vintage one was based on...I doubt they will do it because it would require sculpting as opposed to these which seem to be easy repaints.

JACKOFTRADZE:
I agree, I came across every UGH at retail. The only difference this year is the quantities will be less that previous as the line as a whole has shrunk production wise.

Seriously, I really do not understand those that still enjoy hunting in stores for this stuff. It's too much of a chore, brings too many disappointments and often times too much competition. If you order online they are delivered right to your door, guaranteed to have every figure in the wave plus the more elusive chase figures. You will also get cards that have zero shelf wear as some are afraid of.

I am really happy these repacks will actually be different instead of straight repacks. I hope the card art is different too!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version