Author Topic: 2012 TRU Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks  (Read 82306 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Ewok and Rebel Pilot Multipacks
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2012, 05:43 PM »
Ran into the same ******' problem...  TRU.com is a hellhole half the time.

Ewok Multi-Pack

Yavin Rebel Pilots Multi-Pack

Their search feature eats dick.

EDIT: Was posting at the same time, but at least it was on the next page so it works out I guess. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:46 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2012, 05:46 PM »
Bump to the new page!  ;D

Now if only Kmart could get all of their exclusives on their webpage, that'd be excellent!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:47 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2012, 05:53 PM »
Thanks Jesse.  The Ewok set is sold out now apparently.  FFS - I've called and stopped by stores daily, checked the site regularly and I still can't throw my money at TRU.  It's this kind of crap that makes me think seriously about just stopping the collection where it's at.  Well done TRU.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2012, 06:00 PM »
The Yavin set, to me, is such a mixed bag...  I mean, on one hand you got articulated versions of guys you want, but on the other hnad they use that ****** tiny Luke, and that just drives me batty.  I can't pass on it because I figure this is the only way we're going to get those two but still...  annoying.

The Ewok set, I dig.  Logray repaint is BS, but overall I like that set and I'm happy, so I'm into it...  I don't have it yet either, but I will track it down.

If more stores did a more practical rewards program like K-Mart does, I'd be more into shopping at their stores too.  I was just looking at the TRU Rewards program and realized it's pretty bunk.  You really REALLY have to spend a lot with them to net $5 off...  In a niche like toys, I think they'd be a tad more liberal with the points, or maybe offer double point days during sales on select items and whatnot.  They really could improve that program IMO.

Totally separate topic though...  TRU just irks me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54 PM »
Their search feature eats dick.

I don't think it's a ****** search feature, since the items weren't even in the Star Wars category/section for the last few days. It seemed like TRU.com was trying to hide them. I honestly thought they had been removed from the site until I was advised to use the direct link this morning.

Not sure if anyone posted this, but I read these sets were priced at $46 at a Florida TRU. Maybe a price hike will cause these sets to hang around a bit longer, but hopefully the price doesn't keep increasing like those Endor sets from a couple years ago.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Yeah, I had originally save the link under favorites a couple days ago when I missed out and then the next day they weren't on the link, but they were listed in the recently viewed so I got on there and save the actually Ewok and Yavin product links in case they popped up again.  The same thing happened when the Deleted Scene figures came out.  They disappeared from the link and I couldn't find them again.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Price hiking when something's popular?  From TRU?  Nah, couldn't be.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2012, 09:22 PM »
Picked up these sets tonight at TRU.

Ewoks rock, as expected.  So does Porkins... astromech droid is okay, I guess... same goes for the TIE pilot.  But those other two pilot are terrible.  Hasbro needs to let go of that awful Luke sculpt.  I'm going to use the heads for generic customs, I guess.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2012, 03:57 PM »
Saw an ebay listing for Princess Kneesa...up to $20 so far. Half the cost of the set. Really?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42 PM »
I got both sets in the mail today. Below are some pics of the Ewoks... I won't bore everyone with the pilots.

Here's the whole mainline tribe, from 2007 to now:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35 PM »
I got the Ewoks tonight...  Called a local TRU with the SKU and asked them to hold me a set and they did.  Very cool of them.

Since I couldn't get anything online, this was the next best option, and it worked.  Bit of a hike to the store for me (TRU's are all about an hour from me, haha...  every direction.  It's a goddamn geographic enigma), but I tied it to a trip to Harbor freight.  :-X

Ewoks look a lot better than Reb Pilots...  The Rebs aren't dismal, just far weaker.  I'm actually pondering swapping some parts to make at least one of the pilots taller, and make maybe a Dak shorter...  I gotta do something here.  It's like everyone in the Alliance is 5'7"...  I know like 1 guy that short, so how can every orange suited pilot be that short unless they were on Hoth?  It's killing me.

Porkins looks nice though...  I'm happy with him, and honestly I like him a little thinner whether it's right or not.  I say that only because I have a hard time wrapping my head around a morbidly obese fighter pilot.  Stocky though?  I can handle that, at least a little better.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Congrats Jesse!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2012, 01:05 AM »
Thanks Justin...  Did you get one or the other or both yet?

I've yet to open the Rebels yet, and I love Rebel Pilots...  that's how out of it I am on these short pilots.  ::)

It was a double win tonight as I finally got my 2nd Tarkin figure (I wanted a carded one) and also nabbed an extra oddball, and a Hoth Luke too for a generic officer.

Harbor Freight's like crack...  I bought $25 worth of stuff but I walked out with free scissors and a good bit for that price.  I really feel like a glutton though, every time I'm there, as I always buy a bunch of stuff I probably don't need immediately but I always have to buy stuff.  I mean, I could blow paychecks in there easily and the tools aren't even that great...  they're just soooooo cheap.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2012, 01:23 AM »
BTW, $39.99, which I reported on our front page...  DarthChuckMC reported on twitter these were $45 down in Orlando I believe, and that hopefully was just down there...  Is TRU allowed to scalp?  ???

One can hope these don't go up in price.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2012, 05:42 AM »
Stopped by my two local TRUs after work yesterday since one is slightly out of the way home. This one is usually good at stocking stuff but just had one Yavin set for $39.99. No Ewok sets, nor tags for them. The TRU closer to my house, where I bought a Yavin set last week for $39.99, looked like they reset their shelf space, giving figures 2 pegs (::)) and allocating most space for lightsabers and the crappy half masks they sell now. They had two Yavin sets last week and had none this week, not even a shelf tag.

Anyway, I haven't opened the Yavin set yet but in person I like it much better than I thought. I'm sure I'll go back to complaining about it once I expand my shelves and can actually display everything I've bought over the last year.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks