Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Brian's Toy Exclusive - Jocasta Nu

<< < (34/37) > >>

Nicklab:
I just received my two today.  But a lead time of 6 months from order to delivery?  For a Hasbro exclusive?  I really hope that this sort of thing doesn't become the norm.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: DoctorPadawan on January 14, 2013, 04:01 PM ---Count me among those who have yet to receive their Jocasta, although to be quite honest, I hadn't really been paying attention lately and had pretty much forgotten about her.  I don't know if that's more due to just a general apathy toward Hasbro stuff recently, or because there hadn't been any movement from BT, but I did order one, so hopefully they'll actually send it to me, sooner or later.   ???

--- End quote ---

I think it's because, well, basically, Jocasta Nu is a crap character and makes for ultimately a boring, forgetful action figure.

That's the honest truth about this toy.  She's a good figure, as any/all figures should be, but she's nothing particularly special.

I said it before and I'll say it again.  Her accessory of a Dooku Bust on a column with a holocron hidden inside, is about a billion times more interesting than she is as an action figure.  That bust is something I wish came with every Jedi figure till they gave us every busy of every Jedi in the library.

Outside of that, this figure is easily forgotten in every way, shape, and form.

Now had they done modern sculpts of vintage costumed aliens?  I'd probably never forget those.  They'd get attention from me often as I looked at my displays, or shifted things around.

People wanted Jocasta, they got her, and she's everything the majority figured she'd be.  She's boring but Hasbro did a nice enough job on her, and gave you a cool accessory to make you feel less cheated.  For Hasbro lately, that's a win of epic proportions.  For collectors...  it's a moment of saying, "Oh hey, that's alright", and forgetting you bought it in a year.

Diddly:
I still haven't ordered one, but I might break soon. Of course now I'm thinking about ordering two.  :-[

shmashwitdaclub:
they have a coupon that expires today - "newyear10" I believe it was - good for 10% off your entire order

Diddly:
Ugh, just went through with the discount code. Shipping prices are even more outrageous than the figure price. $33 when it was all over, for one figure. ::) I feel dirty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version