Author Topic: New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman  (Read 3351 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: New Pics, Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor and Coleman
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2003, 04:35 PM »
I think the new cards look pretty good.  Coleman Trebor does look like he's missing his cape though.  And Padme has a green thumb?
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2003, 05:11 PM »
Sure, Padme has a green thumb because she's about to become domesticized.  Every good housewife has a green thumb.

<-------ducking and running away

I like the new cards, still hate the big bubbles though.  I guess as long as more accessories keep coming, it'll be cool.  

Where are the blast marks on Coleman ;D  Just add cold water ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2003, 07:38 PM »
The cards look very nice. Coleman should have come with his Cape/Robe. Now this so called Greenthumb Padme & her Broccoli stalk just doesn't do anything. The Broccoli stalk should be more colorful IMO like flowers should be.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2003, 07:47 PM »
The Broccoli stalk should be more colorful IMO like flowers should be.

EXACTLY!
dustrho

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2003, 07:51 PM »
Coleman was never scheduled to come with any cloak/cape. :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2003, 03:19 AM »
Im loving the Coleman Trebor. So what if he doesnt come with a cloak. Gives us customizers somethign to do. ;)
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2003, 01:48 PM »
Im loving the Coleman Trebor. So what if he doesnt come with a cloak. Gives us customizers somethign to do. ;)

Yeah, that's fine and dandy but not all of us are customizers.  I'm sure I could figure out the cloak thing, but Hasbro should get it right the first time.  That PICTURE of him on that card has him in a cloak, and how could they possibly forget it?!?!?!?!?  That's just pretty crappy on Hasbro's part.
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2003, 05:59 PM »
Well, the Coleman figure is supposed to a depiction of him on Geonosis.  And image-wise, there's not much for Hasbro to pick from regarding this Jedi.  Check out his databank listing here: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/colemantrebor/index.html.

There are only a handful of images, and in all of the Geonosis battle scenes, he's not weatring a cloak.  Most importantly, he's not wearing it when he gets shot by Jango Fett.  And most would argue that's Coleman's high point in the movie.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline JediWan

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: New Pics, Wedding Padme, WaTambor and Colemant
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2003, 10:23 PM »
I really think the new coleman trebor is pretty cool,and the new mace windu is also sweet,I think these two figs are better than other figs :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2003, 10:32 PM »
Well, the Coleman figure is supposed to a depiction of him on Geonosis.  And image-wise, there's not much for Hasbro to pick from regarding this Jedi.  

There are only a handful of images, and in all of the Geonosis battle scenes, he's not weatring a cloak.  Most importantly, he's not wearing it when he gets shot by Jango Fett.  And most would argue that's Coleman's high point in the movie.

And again, I ask, where then are the blast marks ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2003, 12:21 AM »
I agree the cloak should have been added in for , Trebor. Tambor looks sweet and Padme.  Well - I guess I have to pick one up to add to the collection.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 12:23 AM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2003, 12:35 AM »

Yeah, that's fine and dandy but not all of us are customizers.  I'm sure I could figure out the cloak thing, but Hasbro should get it right the first time.  That PICTURE of him on that card has him in a cloak, and how could they possibly forget it?!?!?!?!?  That's just pretty crappy on Hasbro's part.

If you want I'll customize one for ya. Well once I get a couple that is.  :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2003, 01:36 AM »
If you want I'll customize one for ya. Well once I get a couple that is.  :)

Thanks for the offer.  I appreciate it, but that won't be necessary.  I wouldn't be opening up the figure anyway, plus I don't even have one at all.  
dustrho

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2003, 11:11 AM »
Eh, I like them all just fine. Although it would have been nice to get a cloak with Coleman or whatever he wears.  I'm not concerned about it either way.  Padme, well I'm going to get it because I'm getting married this year.  Ha-ha!  I like the cardbacks.  A bit better than the current version.  No really big disasters that I can see.  I'll look forward to picking them up if I ever see them that is.