Community > Conventions

Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show

<< < (3/38) > >>

Jesse James:
I wound up wiht extras of the Outlander wave for $5 each, a couple E1 battledroids for $3-ish each.  I got an IMp. officer (blonde variant) for $5 as well.

I got two beast/junk thingies for customizing.  One's going to be a neat Stormtrooper mount on a swamp planet with another one (it's actually dino bones of some sort) I'll use for a diorama piece.

Got a G.I. Joe I wanted for $8 just for his one accessory thing.  Very cool piece I plan to use for customs.

Nabbed a couple ROTS figs on the way home but nothing special.

Didn't buy much, just wnet home dead-ass tired and slept most of the evening.

bobafett14:
Next Pittsburgh Toy show will be held on July 30-31 Sat/Sun at the Monroeville Expomart.

Having a Star Wars theme to it with the release of the movie and all.  There are 1,000 free figures that will be handed out to the first "paying" customers. First come first served until supplies are exhausted.

See you there. 

This show should be very interesting with all the exlusives and all the new stuff hitting now.  I'm sure they'll be lots of wheelin' and dealin' going on for this one.

Jesse James:
I truly hate our Toy Show for scalpers though...  It's turned into (well, it's this way every time STar Wars is on a "high" I guess) a scalper's delight...  $15-$20 Ephant Mon's on $3.99 KB cards, every ROTS figure you couldn't find was at the show last go-round...  Pisses me off sometimes.

I think the show is going to be smaller with them breaking it up, but I hope I'm wrong...  I'll be there, but for every Target Clone I see I'll feel like leaving a Cleveland Steamer on their tables.   ::)

Famine:
July 30-31 eh?

I'll try to make it.

How much is admission? :)

Kevin

bobafett14:
$5

There's an "early bird" admission, which a lot of people do for an extra $5 ($10 total)

The reason for the early bird (aside from yet another way to make a buck) is that there's usually a TON of people lined up for the start of the show, by adding a few $ to the admin. it suts down the initial crowd rush  a tad.

This is the first time they've tried a show in July, it's always been a bi-annual event April/Dec.  so we'll see.

Either way, there's a lways a ton of the SW guys there.  A bunch from PSWCS and even some from the OSWCC.  It's fun just to meet and hang out, the brews always seem to taste pretty good afterwards also. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version