mace windu
ki-adi mundi
r4-p17
droid tri-fighter

overall I'm very satisfied.

DoctorPadawan:
This is going to be tough...

COLLECTION 1

1.  Obi-Wan Kenobi (Pilot Gear): Best figure of the line and possibly the last 10 years of basic action figures.

2.  Clone Commander/Commander Bly:  When I first saw the ARC Trooper figure in 2003, I laughed.  When I saw them in the comic and on the cartoon, I quit laughing.  When I saw the Clone Commander, I was stunned at how cool it was.

3.  Clone Trooper (#41 SA Version):  I don't care if it wasn't in the film all that long, it's a white grunt Imperial and I'm all for those, especially when they're SA.

COLLECTION 2

1.  Kit Fisto:  SA, great likeness, and a great apology for the now-awful 2002 Saga version.

2.  Bail Organa:  SA, and the most underrated figure of the entire line.  Just because he's pegwarming doesn't mean he sucks.

3.  Tarkin:  it's Tarkin, need I say more?

DELUXE

1.  Vader on Operating Table:  Again, not so much for the quality of the figure, but just for the memories it will bring to mind for years to come.

2.  General Grievous:  Best Grievous (not) available at retail and unlike most deluxe figures, isn't as cheaply designed or executed when compared to the basic version.

3.  Yoda on Can-Cell:  Not in the film (technically), but for what you get in terms of size, it's well worth the 10 bucks.

VEHICLES

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say something I thought I would never say (or at least that others would think they'd never hear me say):  Every vehicle released by Hasbro this year was great.  If you take into account the pilots in the "Strike Force" line or whatever it was called, this would not be the case, but on a vehicle by vehicle basis, everything was practically perfect (BARC wheels excluded).

LINES THAT COULD DO (ALMOST) NO WRONG IN MY EYES

-Unleashed:  All five ROTS UL were incredible, with the Obi-Wan and Anakin being my pick for best toy of the year, period.  Naturally, they pegwarm.

-Evolutions:  I can't say anything that hasn't already been said a million times.  Brilliantly sculpted, brilliantly executed, but poorly shipped. 

-Force Battlers:  Okay, I'm just kidding about this one.  They sucked when they came out and they still suck.  Funny how we haven't seen hide nor hair of those "several waves" that Hasbro talked about coming in 2006 while other toys have already either leaked or been shown at conventions.  ;D

And now since like Han Solo, "Hey, it's me"....

THE WTF? MOMENTS OF 2005

-"Hiatus" of Unleashed 7" line:  Collectors love it, new figures sell quickly, let's cancel it, then shrink it, then uncancel it.

-The majority of Collection 2 post-Aayla Secura:  Sure, there were some great figures in there (Amedda, Polis Massan, Tarkin and his shortpacked Senatorial brethren), but some of the figures looked like POTF2/Episode I leftovers (Zett, Antilles) and others were made out of soap and/or spaghetti (AT-TE Gunner and Vader's Medical Droid, respectively).

-The lack of proper label sheet with the TRU Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter and Hasbro's subsequent evasiveness and apparent refusal to accept blame or correct this mistake.  I won't go into detail, but everyone who followed my thread knows how pissed off I am about this and why.

-Force Battlers, Attacktix, Jedi Force, and so on.  Just one word: WHY?   ::)

-Commander Cody.  One more word: WHERE?  Sure we're getting him next year, but the most prominent Clone in the whole film and he's not amongst the movie year's releases?  I've got an idea, let's go back to 1983 and not release Jabba the Hutt, just so this won't look like a complete mistake.

This being said, the positives (the sculpting, articulation and overall quality of the figures and ships offered) outweigh the negatives (availability, distracting useless side-lines, the never ending exclusive fiascos), so I'm going to give this year a thumbs-up. 

Darth_Anton:
I'm keeping my list short because, well, that's just the way I am. But...

Over all, I thought this line was well done and there was lots to cheer about. Here are my absolute favorates:

The Evolutions line - excellent. What more can anyone say?

#55 Obi wan Starfighter pilot. - Great surprise to find a supurb figure.

#33 clone commander/ Bly. - Nicely done clones and just plain fun to play with.

AT-RT - come on, it walks!

ARC-170 - nice big, well designed toy.

SilverZ:
I think my votes must to the early Collection 2 figures, specifically the Jedi. I think that they're quality in terms of sculpt and articulation has been really overlooked by the need for clones lately. I'd never have thought we'd see Luminara Unduli, Shaak-Ti, or Ki Adi Mundi with detail rivaling the VOTC. Those are top-notch figures which make later efforts in the same collection downright embarrassing.

I wish that they treated every character with the attention to detail and articulation that was used in those figures.

For Collection 1, Pilot Obi-Wan comes close to that standard for me. He's my favorite C1 figure in the line.

The starfighter vehicles have also been great. The Jedi Starfighters are built really well. I didn't even mind the repaints.

Darby:
Best figs:

Obi Wan Pilot: Best modern SW fig ever.  Bar none.
SP Wookie Warrior: He was the best until Obi Wan.
Commander Bly/Clone Commander: Outmatched only by
Evolutions Bly Grunt: who is second only to
#41 SA Clone: 'Nuff said.
Evolutions Anakin
Count Dooku
AT RT Driver
Padme
Kit Fisto
Luminara
Plo Koon
Evolutions Vader
#43 Wookie Warrior (Vanilla, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate)
Deluxe Vader on operating table
AT TE Tank Gunner

And lots more.  My favorite exclusive was the Holo Yoda, and my favorite ship the Wookie Flyer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version