Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 353051 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions from a GG mini-bust virgin.
« Reply #60 on: April 4, 2004, 10:22 PM »
www.tfaw.com is one of the best sites, and they were the original site Dark Horse referred all their direct orders to (from conventions, etc). They are quick to ship, and well priced.

As far as ordering, I wouldn't take my chances. Order one from a trusted site (like TFAW) as soon as it is available to order (which it is not, by the way). Some go quick and are never seen on the primary market again. A Stormtrooper is destined to be incredibly popular too, and people will surely by multiples (I will probably buy a case of 6).

Good luck if you decide to go back and collect the others as well. The OT busts wont be too impossible, Vader and Fett are still pretty darn difficult though. The Prequel era stuff is still pretty hot. I sold my entire PT collection (everything except the Clone Pilot) for $1000, and I had tons of replies of interest. Buying them individually, expect to pay about $1200 for all of the PT busts, a few hundred more for the Pilot and silver Jango busts.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 4, 2004, 10:48 PM »
i would definitely say preorder the stormie if you want one, like adam said. the first few were relatively easy to find, and can still be had at a decent price on ebay, but some of the ot ones are going for insanely high prices. the clone trooper sold out pretty fast, and the red variation still goes for $100+ on ebay, while the regular and the yellow are a little cheaper.

considering that they are just releasing a single stormtrooper - thank god there are no color variations on that - it would seem a little easier to find. but i doubt it. with the amount of arm combos they are going to make available for him, people (like adam, and most likely me) will be buying these by the case. hell, i bought a case of clone troopers, just so that i could guarantee that i would get the red trooper (who was scarce at 1 per case).

good luck  ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: April 5, 2004, 07:59 PM »
Cool.  Check it out, Matt.   :-*

$260 for six of the OT busts...  Stormtrooper, X-Wing Luke, Biker Scout, Tarkin, Greedo, and Bossk.  Dammit, I'm tempted.   :-\

What other OT busts are there, besides Boba Fett and Vader?  I don't have a list of the things...

OK, just browsed the net, and along with the aforementioned busts, it looks like there's also upcoming busts of a Sandtrooper, Gamorrean Guard, and C-3PO.  God, please don't let me succomb to this line...   :'(
« Last Edit: April 5, 2004, 08:25 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 5, 2004, 08:18 PM »
The OT busts are all there at AFX, except one:

Vader
Chrome Vader (same bust, just chromed)
Boba Fett
Tarkin
Biker Scout
Greedo
Bossk
Stormtrooper
Luke
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: April 5, 2004, 08:40 PM »
You lookin' to ditch your OT ones yet Adam?!   :D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 5, 2004, 08:45 PM »
What other OT busts are there, besides Boba Fett and Vader?  I don't have a list of the things...

ahem...

one of our best site reporters did a pretty good series of articles on these not too long ago. and i he will make sure it gets updated as information becomes available on the gentle giant website.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: April 5, 2004, 08:57 PM »
 :-[   :'(

My bad Dave!  Do accept my most humble apology, good sir!   :-*

Any leads on a decent Boba and/or Vader prices anyone?  I keep staring at these, and wanting them more and more.  I need to expand into the more "mature" Star Wars collectibles market anyway, so this is definitely a good line to start with...

ARGH!  My wife's gonna kill me!!!   :-\

The OT busts are all there at AFX, except one:

I don't see the Vader or the Fett there Adam.  Am I just missing it/them?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2004, 08:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2004, 09:52 PM »
I am so thankful that I haven't been interested in this line until now--and even now, I'm still not interested in the line itself, but only the Stormtrooper--but only because I'm a fan of Stormtroopers and that's a really nice-looking piece.  

As for the others, Matt, you can have 'em. . .

Thanks to everybody else for the help, though.  Much appreciated.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2004, 10:45 PM »
Looks like Action Figure Xpress is taking pre-orders on the Stormtrooper for $44.99.

Link

Anyone used these guys before?

And if so, are they any good?

Or should I wait and see what TFAW is gonna have?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Cool.  Check it out, Matt.   :-*

Looks like Action Figure Xpress is taking pre-orders on the Stormtrooper for $44.99.

Link

Is there an echo in here?   :P  Sorry Matt, didn't mean to imply that my link there was just for a six-bust package deal.  That was just me thinking aloud to myself.  I was trying to point out the pre-order on the Stormie there for ya'...

AFX is a legit site, and pretty trustworthy from everything I've seen.  I've used them a couple times before, and had no problems...

Just a question of whether or not they'll be able to fill all their pre-orders for this item, is all.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2004, 11:58 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2004, 11:44 PM »
Is there an echo in here?  Sorry Matt, didn't mean to imply that my link there was just for a six-bust package deal.  That was just me thinking aloud to myself.  I was trying to point out the pre-order on the Stormie there for ya'...

Oh, you know, I saw that you had linked to something, but because you didn't describe it all that well, I had assumed it was just a link to an Ebay auction for all six or something, so I didn't click on it.

Meant no harm.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #72 on: April 6, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Hey Virex,
Check out this Action Figure Xpress page with all the GG busts for sale, including a pre-order for the Stormtrooper for only $45.

Better?   :D   :-*

See, now you're just being a smart ass.

And as far as I know, I'm the only person that's allowed to be one of those on this website. . .

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 6, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Hmm, Stormie is nice.  Very nice.  Like the biker scout too and Tarkin has been tempting for a while.  I do not need another line to collect.  I do not.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: April 6, 2004, 12:41 AM »
Wow, just gonna let that one sit as the last post on that page, Matt?  You must be taking your OCD medication, or sumthin'...   :P

See, now you're just being a smart ass...

Who, me?  Nah...   ::)  I think I'm being a smart ass far more than you realize, Smart Ass #1.   ;)

Brent, maybe we should get a little support group together to try and help eachother refrain from this dark temptation that is GG.  Whatchya' think?

So, GG vets, what's the going damage on the Fett and Vader these days?  Looks to be about $125 on the Fett on eBay.  Sound about right?  I hate these damned collecting urges, especially the more expensive ones that are going to get me into deep doodoo with the Mrs...   >:(