Community > Watto's Junk Yard

JD Book Club: What Are You Reading Now?

<< < (220/223) > >>

Angry Ewok:
On the fourth and final volume of Professor Donald Kagan's Peloponnesian War series. Might try to squeeze in one more book before classes start.

Phrubruh:
Reading "Xenocide" by Orson Scott Card

The war for survival of the planet Lusitania will be fought in the heart of a child named Gloriously Bright.

On Lusitania, Ender found a world where humans and pequininos and the Hive Queen could all live together; where three very different intelligent species could find common ground at last. Or so he thought.

Lusitania also harbors the descolada, a virus that kills all humans it infects, but which the pequininos require in order to become adults. The Startways Congress so fears the effects of the descolada, should it escape from Lusitania, that they have ordered the destruction of the entire planet, and all who live there. The Fleet is on its way, a second xenocide seems inevitable.

Xenocide is the third novel in Orson Scott Card's Ender Quintet.

Chris M:
I'm finally able to get into reading what I want again.  So I decided to celebrate with "Duel of Eagles" which is a pretty good story on the US involvement in the Texas Revolution, the people, and the events leading to Texas independence.  Really good story if you are into the history of Texas.  What's really cool is it takes into account the Mexican perspective and accounts of the war.  A lot of historians tend to neglect that particular aspect of history.

name:
I've been doing audiobooks lately since I have such a long commute to work.

Finished Ender's Game last month, and am halfway through NOS4A2 this month.  It's pretty damned good.

Chris M:

Started this last night and I'm about 50 pages in.  So far it's typical of Clancy and its just a bunch of story lines to get started.  I imagine after about 100-150 pages it will really take off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version