Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

2008 Clone Wars Packaging Revealed

<< < (2/5) > >>

ctonra:
As per Starwars.com  Clone Wars toys will hit the Shelves on july 26th.
and by the looks of the new packaging design.   it looks like the new figures for the cartoon will be in the cartoon style.

speedermike:
The Ofiicial site says that the Clone Wars TV show figs are hitting July 26, so maybe they're just making sure that the pegs are clear.  March to July without figs isn't that long...especially with Indiana Jones in May.

Hasbro has stated that the figures will not be in the Animated Style.  They can't use a picture of Hayden C. on the package, becuase that would make no sense.

evenflow:
Looks cool...part of me thinks they will be animated style like the show. I think they will be in the middle ground of realistic and animated.

Jesse James:

--- Quote ---I think they will be in the middle ground of realistic and animated.
--- End quote ---

I have considered that too, and really thought about it more after seeing Wave 3 Obi-Wan Armor's figure...  When you look at his headsculpt, you see an element of the animated series to it, but still a fairly realistic looking sculpt...  Something that sort of translates well I guess.

Did anyone else get that imrpession from that figure, in particulary, other than me?

I know Hasbro's said in the past that they weren't doing animated figures, speedermike, however that was seemingly directed at the basic line as it was at that time...  That we heard a rumor on Snowbunny Padme, and they just were stressing that she'd be realistic, and that the sub-line of animated figures that was out around that time or something was dead.

That said, this is a new line, and a whole new line for a whole new property really...  There IS a rumor being swirled around (whether the source is reliable or not, that's up in the air) that the new line's animated sculpting...  I dunno.  If it is, I'm gonna save a ton of money.  If it's realistic, I'm not.  If it's in between...  I guess I'll take it as a case-by-case thing, and not commit to buying the entire line.

It strikes me odd though, that wave 3, which is pushed back, is sculpted seemingly realistic style, and NOT just put into the Clone Wars banner...  If those are on 30AC cardbacks and in a separate line, it just doesn't make sense to separate them.  They're all Clone Wars afterall...  Unless there's a difference in these lines.

I'm personally wishing they're realistic sculpts, but I'm not sure they're gonna be.

Matt:

--- Quote from: speedermike on February  4, 2008, 09:44 PM ---By the way...the figs will NOT BE animated style.  Hasbro has said so, over and over.
--- End quote ---

Yes they have, but they were always referring to the Genndy Tartakovsky series.  Not this new series.

The image of Anakin there on the packaging should be all you need to know about the look of this upcoming line. . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version