Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Matt_Fury:
It's only a matter of time before we see episodes VII-IX.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Brian on August 20, 2008, 03:44 PM ---So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?

--- End quote ---

God, I hope so.

Brian:
There was an interesting article up at IGN today, discussing future big screen options for the Star Wars universe.  I know many people, particularly after the prequels, might be thinking "leave it be" - but I have to admit that I'd probably be pretty excited if we heard news of more SW movies.  With the resurrection of Star Trek, and now with people buzzing about things like Avatar, it just reminded me how much I missed looking forward to a new Star Wars movie every few years.

They give a few options at IGN, and I'm sure there are many others we could come up with as well.  I have always liked the idea of seeing the Thrawn trilogy done, whether animated (and on TV) or on the big screen.  Honestly, in a perfect world, it would have been nice to see the original actors (Hamill/Ford/Leia in particular) take part in something like this, but they may be getting a little old for this at this point.  They also mention going the mo-cap route for situations like this, which may work, but I don't know if it would be "the same" without the real actors.  You never know though.  I know some would like to see a whole new take (like something like Knights of the Old Republic), and I'll admit I'm not very familiar with that at all so it could be cool, but I think I like things that are somewhat related character-wise to the original movies (like the prequels were).  Anyways, just wanted to bump this topic up...anyone care to see more SW on the big screen, and if so, what would you like to see?  The animated route didn't seem to be super popular (with CW not really doing much at the box office), but part of that might have been timing too (I wonder how an animated CW movie would do now, with all of the success of the series).

Lestat:
I think if they did a new movie it would have to be set during the NJO period. One, because Lucas doesn't have to worry to much about the books and pissing off EU fans. Two because you could theoretically have Ford, Hammil, and Fisher back in Star Wars which would be EPIC.

Jesse James:
Really?  You'd want to see Ford, Hammil, and Fisher, all reprise their roles?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version