Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

New To Vintage Collecting? Some Tips!

<< < (2/18) > >>

DSJ™:
Yes BIN prices are high. You will notice that the seller will have a figure starting at say $4.99 with a BIN of $40. The reason they put a high BIN is for the unsuspecting buyer to end the auction & they will make more money than what it is worth. Sometimes you just have to bid the opener & watch to see what happens in the ending days. If there is something you are really interested in, always make sure you are at your computer at the dying minutes. I never put a proxy in as to me it just serves no purpose puting in a proxy to find out someone just wants to bump your price up.

Now prices on the Vader are not too bad. $27. CDN is a good price. Take into account that a mint Luke figure will cost you around $40. - $50. CDN.

If you want, you can always check eBay Canada. Best part, no customs.  ;)

The most expensive figures to go after are the POTF last of the 17. These are them:

EV9D9
R2 Popup Sabre
Han Carbonite
Warok
Imperial Dignitary
Romba
Barada
Lando General
Anakin
Luke Stormtrooper
Imperial Gunner
Amanaman
Paploo
A-Wing Pilot
Luke poncho
Lumat
Yak Face

Best figures to start off with, Jawa R2-D2, C-3PO, Gen. Madine, Ackbar, Niem Numb, Imperial Commander, Stormtrooper, AT-AT Commander, B-Wing Pilot, 2-1B, FX-7, Emperor, Biker Scout, Bossk, Zuckuss, Dengar, Hammerhead, Red Snaggletooth, Nikto, Greedo, Walrus Man, Weequay, Klaatu, Bespin Guard, Lobot etc.
You can get these at a fair price.
No weapons to go with them around the $10 - $15. CDN range. If they have weapons, add $5. - $7.

Like you mentioned, if you can find them inhand in town then thats good. You can really have a good look at them. Just remember, there prices are not set in stone. Say the store asks for $20. for a figure, offer him $17. & see if they go for it. Just like a flea market. Haggle.

As for online in Canada, I am not sure whats around. Never used it before. Most of my figures came from eBay & around town.
When I started, I went for the gusto. I started the hard ones first to get them out of the way. My first was Yak Face & he was $105. US. The odd figure in between working my way up. The last rare figure was the Vinyl Cape Jawa. The last regular figure was the R2-D2 with Sensorscope.

As for vehicles, I did them towards the end. My Droids A-Wing & Imperial Shuttle cost me $150. US each.

Lot figures are usually good for bulk figures with a lot of wear. Unless you find a Blue Snaggy in it you go for it.  ;)

Always remember, if you get worn figures that you like, down the road you can always upgrade. Lord knows I have.  ;D

And on another note, with the more experience you have on prices the better it will be to see an auction with a BIN that the seller has for a good low price.  $90. US for a 12 back C-3PO was one of my best.  ;)

CyberScout:
All the posts made already are excellent advise.I dont have much more to add except to echo the thoughts on patience.That is the key to Ebay.Keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure you will find a nice lot that you feel comfortable paying for in your range.If I run across anything I'll be sure to let you know..expecially if they are dealing with ewoks.

DSJ™:
There is one more important factor with auctions, Always check the sellers feedback. Nice to see if the seller has a good reputation. If they have lots of negatives, stay away. Read the comments that have been made by other buyers.
Also take note that a seller can have a 100% positive feedback & yet something can still go wrong. eBay is nothing more than a GIANT garage sale.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: CyberScout on June  9, 2003, 08:51 PM ---All the posts made already are excellent advise.I dont have much more to add except to echo the thoughts on patience.That is the key to Ebay.Keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure you will find a nice lot that you feel comfortable paying for in your range.If I run across anything I'll be sure to let you know..expecially if they are dealing with ewoks.

actually that's the funny thing about this.  I looked at the list and crossed off Ewoks as being necessary almost immediately.  That'll save me some money right there. ;)

--- End quote ---

aka DaBigKahuna:
Hello, I am going to tackle the task of collecting all loose vintage figures.  Any leads would be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version