Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Star Wars Fighter Pods / Micro Force

<< < (4/6) > >>

Spirit of MAC:

--- Quote from: Jayson on September  6, 2012, 09:52 AM ---I'm either totally nuts or just bored with the lack of new product, but I've started collecting this little guys this week
--- End quote ---

Bad idea.  But I'll guess bored and nuts.  ;)

To be honest, I briefly contemplated it myself, for the same reasons I think.  But collecting a line with blind and/or chase figures can make one's life miserable (as you know).  As if the 4" line wasn't accomplishing that well enough these days.  You realize Hasbro now owns you twice over, and considering the way they've been pimping the schizz out of this line in the past year, I think you're gonna have your work cut out for you for a few years to come in keeping up with these little buggers.  This is the kind of line I'd normally wait to run it's course, and then keep an eye out for complete sets on eBay for a few hundred bucks later on, or at least an OT only set.  That was a better method to the madness with the SWM lines at least.

I was actually coming in here to mention that I saw a huge set of these (with 4 ships) at Costco last week amongst the X-mas toy swag.  Can't recall the price right now, but it was obviously very reasonable (maybe $30ish).  Wondered if this might entice others to delve into the madness while loading up on way more coffee and fabric softener than they could ever need.

Yep, $30.  Here's a pic from RS:

JesseVader08:
I like the Fighter Pods figures (I've always been into dorky figures like that), but the ridiculous prices has kept me from collecting them.  However, if I found that many figures for $30 it just might be enough to suck me in.

bobafett14:
Just saw the Fighter Pods at 5 Below this AM!

They have the 4 packs for $3.  Not too bad a deal.  Grabbed 2 packs for the kids.  FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had. For example, they had about 10 packs on the shelf, 4 or 5 of those had Jar Jar, another 4 or 5 had silver C-3PO.

JesseVader08:

--- Quote from: bobafett14 on January 15, 2013, 12:52 PM ---FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had.
--- End quote ---

That's the other big reason I've never jumped into collecting these, you're guaranteed so many duplicates.  :-\

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: JesseVader08 on January 21, 2013, 12:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: bobafett14 on January 15, 2013, 12:52 PM ---FYI, the sets I saw seemed to have the same handful of characters..lots of doubles between the packs they had.
--- End quote ---

That's the other big reason I've never jumped into collecting these, you're guaranteed so many duplicates.  :-\

--- End quote ---

Plus the fact that there are 'duplicates' in series 2 and 3 in the form of holograms.  I guess I don't see how a hologram would do much damage in battle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version