Collecting > Collections

JediJman's Month o' Vintage

<< < (3/21) > >>

P-Siddy:
I'm just impressed that there are vintage figures still left on cards, and that the cards are in mostly, mint condition! Wow!

Phrubruh:
Those are beautiful! It's cool to see those price stickers. I didn't know Target was around in 1983. I guess we didn't get them out here until the 1990's.

JediJman:
Thanks!  I didn't know about Target back in the 80's either, though I know they were around in places like Minnesota.  Today's feature gets back to basics...kind of.  With all the recent talk about the great Gentle Giant 12" droids, I had to dedicate today to R2-D2 with Sensorscope and C-3PO with Removable Limbs.  The little guy goes first.  R2 comes with a pretty good card and bubble.  While it is unpunched, there are some creases up near the punch tab.  The card also has a little bend and discoloration on the lower right.  The bubble has yellowed a bit, but is otherwise solid.  The picture makes it look dented a bit on the top for some reason, but that's a trick of the light and angle.  On the flip side, Threepio looks case fresh and has the Emperor offer to boot.  Flat, unpunched card and a crisp, clear bubble make this a really nice piece to display.  Just a bit of light veining near the top.  I'm really happy with both of these.

P-Siddy:
Sweet! Is it just the angle or did vintage R2s have long legs and short torsos? I haven't looked at mine in a while.

And what did Sara think of all these?

JediJman:
Just the angle I think.  Sara is, of course, in love with all my SW collectibles.  These are no exception.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version