Collecting > Collections

JediJman's Month o' Vintage

<< < (13/21) > >>

P-Siddy:
Awesome, Justin.  Those are some nice nabs!  Would definitely love a Gonk Droid in the vintage line-up.

ZevZev:
My daughter was looking over my shoulder and said, "Dad, there's something wrong with the R5D4 card, he wasn't in Return of the Jedi." I then got to explain vintage to her.

I want a Gonk droid/mouse droid 2 pack or something.

Thanks Justin!

JediJman:

--- Quote from: ZevZev on May 19, 2012, 04:33 PM ---My daughter was looking over my shoulder and said, "Dad, there's something wrong with the R5D4 card, he wasn't in Return of the Jedi." I then got to explain vintage to her.

I want a Gonk droid/mouse droid 2 pack or something.

Thanks Justin!

--- End quote ---

;D  Impressive that she knew that!

BONUS ROUND.  Here is figure #51: Anakin Skywalker in his mailer box! For those following along, you will recall that I initially bought 3 figures off Ebay before making this deal for 48 additional ROTJ figures.  Before they arrived, the seller informed me that he also found a Greedo and threw that in at no charge, so I actually consider this guy as my bonus figure.  While I already have an Anakin loose, it was pretty cool to open up a completed, sealed mail away figure from the old days.  The white mailer box included the rolled up toy catalog too.  I definitely had that feeling like I was a kid again opening this thing for the first time.  Not really sure how to display it though - what have others done with their Kenner bagged figures?  This is my first....

If you're good at math, you know that I have one figure left to show.  Tune in tomorrow for the new #1 collectible in my possession.

JediJman:
To all good things must come an end.  Hard to believe 30 days have gone by already.  I have just one figure left to show you from the now infamous Ebay purchase.  Most of the Minnesota guys have already seen it, but this figure was the tipping point for me.  I never I thought I would own him and when I saw him on the list, I could hardly believe my eyes.  There are certainly rarer figures out there, but if I could only keep one vintage carded figure...well, this would be it.  Without further adieu, I bring you...

Boba Fett!!!

Easily my favorite figure when I was a kid and he still is today.  I have a mock-carded 21back to display with the rest of my bounty hunters, but this guy is the real deal.  Just a small bit of shelf wear, but otherwise the card and bubble are fantastic on this guy. His gun is still taped to the side and the price tag is nicely placed.  He's even part of the Target club, which is a perfect way to wrap up the list.  I suppose you could complain that the card is punched, but honestly if this had shown up on an unpunched card my head probably would have exploded. 

I hope you enjoyed the show.  Thanks to everyone that followed along.  Now to get rid of some duplicates...

P-Siddy:
Wow! That's awesome, Justin.  I'm jealous of that Fett.  Congrats.  I'll have to drop by and see your collection when I'm in town next.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version