Community > JD Sports Forum!

NFL 2012-2013

<< < (20/22) > >>

Jedi Idej:
5 SB and 2 WS championships in the last 3 years, and not one of those lessen the sting of the loss. 

As for the outage...  Components wear out and fail. I'm sure they'll do their investigation, and if they conclude the breakdown happened because of shoddy work or maintenance wasn't kept up, then maybe someone will have to answer for it. Otherwise, shtuff happens.

Oh, yeah -- Wow, Beyonce's still hot. 

Jesse James:
I couldn't resist it Idej, but last night I tweeted that it was the 49'ers pulling out their shrewd "turn the lights out and regroup" play.  You did that to us too!  It's a conspiracy!  Heads will roll!   :P

JediJman:
I don't think you can compare weather conditions to a blackout.  It isnt so much that an element of the game was more favorable to the niners, its that they were getting blown away, then had over half an hour to fix whatever wasnt clicking. Yes, Baltimore had that time as well, but they didnt really need to adjust anything the way the game was going.  You cant look at the Niners post blackout and tell me that was the same gameplan as earlier in the game.

Whether you think the blackout helped them or not, we would be hearing conspiracy theories 24-7 if the Niners had come back to win at the end. 

I'm with you on the outage not costing jobs though.  Who knows what drove the problem and is it really worth firing people over?  If anything, whoevers at fault should get a raise.  An extra 34 minutes of ad space, added drama to watch, and potientially the reason the Niners came back near the end. 

Jesse James:
I'll say this much about the blackout...  It only basically added extra time to the half-time gap which coaching staffs, whether they're up by 40 or down by 40, always evaluate and make changes to their next half.  In my mind, this did nothing except run the risk of injury to someone on one side or another...  Just because you're kicking the other team's ass doesn't mean you just say to your guys, "Let's just keep doing what we're doing".  Even with 12 year olds there's always some tweaking taking place...  So I think you'd have seen the same Niners had they had the usual half-time break or what they wound up with.  And I think you'd have seen the same Baltimore.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think in the extra time they had an epiphany on their coaching staff suddenly that they hadn't come up with during the initial half-time break.

Jayson:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version