Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

Toy Fair 2013

<< < (3/19) > >>

McMetal:
I'd gladly accept reduced price and articulation in the Clone Wars line if they would just improve the goddang figure choices.   Bo Katan at 5POA is a hell of a lot better than no Bo Katan at all.

Adam makes a great point in his Q&A column this week, whoever looked at that design of Darth Maul with Mando legs and figured it would not make a compelling choice for a figure should just be fired on the spot.

Scockery:
Those Iron Man Assembler figures with swappable arms and stuff? Still $9.99 according to a press release.

So, advocating less articulation, you'll get it. But less price, not likely.

UK Toy Fair news, Anakin to Vader figure has been "revealed", artwork only picture so far.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2013/01/22/new-anakin-to-vader-figure-wins-best-new-toy-award-at-toy-fair-2013/

Is it 3 3/4"? Wonder if it uses the Iron Man Assembler system?

P-Siddy:
To me, I like the articulation.  Granted not every figure needs 10+ POA... I would be happy with a Sim Aloo with 5ish POA so that he is consistent with the other 2 dignitaries released (we never see them do anything but stand besides descending the ramp of the Emperor's shuttle.  Padmes, senators, handmaidens and backrground characters don't need to be super articulated.

JediJman:
Here are a few questions I have if you have an opportunity to ask them...

1.) What exactly can we expect to see for Hasbro Star Wars this year?  With the loss of Build-A-Droid, it seems like there is very little coming our way in the near future.  Is this just the lull before the movie years or is there something new on the horizon.

2.) Is Hasbro familiar with Medicom's Kubrick line of figures?  These have been fan favorites, but production has died off in the last year or two.  I know it's a long shot, but does Hasbro have any plans to produce something similar or any other new non-standard ( 3 & 3/4") lines of figures?

3.) Is there any chance we will see a return of the comic packs in the near future?  These seem to be selling well in the Marvel Universe line and there are some great new characters to be made from some of the great Dark Horse material and other sources in recent years.

4.) There still appears to be strong demand for some kind of modular Death Star playset.  Can you tell us if anything like this is on the horizon or even under consideration? 

Thanks Steve,
Justin

CHEWIE:

--- Quote from: Diddly on January 21, 2013, 09:17 PM ---It won't be answered but I hope someone asks about the declining quality of plastic/paint, specifically on the first wave of 2013 Class I vehicles. The ships look like they're cheap Happy Meal toys and the paint on the figures is awful. The Yoda's eyes are painted on his cheeks... that's worse than the Indiana Jones line

--- End quote ---

I couldn't agree more. I've passed on all the new deluxes - the vehicles look awful in person.  The only one that I am remotely considering getting is the MTT set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version