Community > Conventions

Pittsburgh's "Steel City Con" Toy & Collectible Show

<< < (33/38) > >>

Jesse James:
Once again, right around the corner, Pittsburgh's Steel City Con returns!  Check out www.SteelCityCon.com for details.

So far Jett Lucas and Tom Kane (Voice of Yoda on Clone Wars) are attending, along with the usual litany of celebs from wrestling, TV, movies and more. 

I'm kind of shocked at Jett Lucas doing the cons now...  I figured it wouldn't be his thing.

I'm excited for this show though, and hoping more Clone Wars voice talent make the trip out to shows in the future.  It's a nice new well to dip into. :)

Myself and other PSWCS members will be there...  Also 501st, Garrison Carrida is always there.  I hope the R2 Builders are too because for some reason (could it be the insanely awesome RC lifesize astromechs?) these guys are popular.

I'm excited though, and hope to find another ASP 7.  A cheap Fleet trooper or 10 wouldn't hurt me either but not expected. :(

Jesse James:
Steel City Con was another rousing success...  :)  I blew a cool $60 first day on good deals.

Good seeing everyone local, as well as Chris and the guys from Sandtroopers.com were there.  A lot of new vendors this time I noticed.  Lot more out of staters...  Not any empty space now.  I guess tables sold out quickly.

I'm looking forward to December's show already!

Jesse James:

It's that time of year again...  Pittsburgh's Steel City Con returns on December 6th, 7th, & 8th!  Will you be attending?  Here's some details you'll want to check out!

First, the convention is located at the Monroeville Convention Center, which is located off the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and is minutes on the Parkway East from downtown Pittsburgh in Monroeville, PA.

The Monroeville Mall is the filming location for the original Dawn of the Dead, and is right beside the Monroeville Convention Center.  It's a nice little attraction for zombie film fans who maybe want to check it out too.

There are several convenient hotels in the vicinity!

If you're planning on attending, it's highly recommended you  Buy A 3-Day Pass Early, as it gets you early admission into the show, and you also get a goodie bag valued at more than the price of the early 3-day pass itself.  Hurry and order as time is running out!

The December show is always the biggest!  Also, this year's show has expanded to both sides of the convention center, and includes so much more.  From costuming contests, to charity auctions, Car Show cars for photo ops, Artist's Alley, Celebrity Q&A's, and more!  The show is also expected to expand to discussion panels and more.  Steel City Con continues to grow every year.

The show always has a varied guest list, and this one is no different.

Guest List:

* George Takei (all 3 days!)
* Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Tombstone)
* Kylie Symanski (Penny from The Walking Dead)
* Ted Dibiasi (The Million Dollar Man from WWE)&

* Kee Chan (Senator Male-Dee from Revenge of the Sith)
For the Star Wars fans!

While Kee Chan is signing for the first time in Pittsburgh and is a great addition, there will also be members of the 501st Garrison Carida on hand costuming and taking pictures with the fans!  They're also taking Star Wars Toy Donations they'll hand out at children's hospitals throughout the year!

Likewise, members of the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society (including yours truly) will also be in attendance at the show, roaming the halls looking for deals (and signing up new members).  Want to join?  Look for the PSWCS T-Shirts!  They're all over the place at the show!

The PSWCS membership are also planning to dine after the show Friday.  Contact me privately either on here, or at jmccracken@jedidefender.com, if you're interested in joining the dinner after the show Friday evening.  It's very close to the convention center so even if you're from out of town it's easy to get to!

Look forward to seeing you at another great Steel City Con!

sabresedge:
Always a great show with a strong SW presence. I'll be there with plenty of Vintage and Modern stuff so get there early for the best selection. I'm in the center of the venue with the large SABRES EDGE TOYS banner. Stop on out and say hey and see everyone there!

James

Jesse James:
I'm gonna have to check out that booth. :P

See ya that Friday James, looking forward to it as always!

If you've got some really busted up MLC-3's, lemme know!  Also still searching for that original Amanaman staff even if it's with a figure in less than hot condition.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version