Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

So, Now Have We Seen the Last of "New" Star Wars on the Big Screen?

(1/4) > >>

Brian:
Now that we've seen the Clone Wars animated movie released (which was a bit of a surprise when it was first announced), do you think we've seen the last of the "new" Star Wars movies on the big screen?  Of course, we'll likely see 3D versions of the Saga at some point - or maybe even just regular re-releases for some anniversary or an other - but do you think we'll see any other new movies on the big screen?

Will we see another animated movie (even though this one didn't do great box office numbers) eventually?  Will we see some sort of live action movie to kick off that series if/when it happens?  Will Lucas (or someone) go back and continue the Saga with even earlier prequels - or something that happens later on in the timeline?  Obviously, its impossible to know for sure, but I was curious what some peoples opinions were on the future of Star Wars at the theater.

iFett:
It's not over...As much as I'd like it to be - it has only been three years and we already have a new """" movie""""  There's way too much (more) money to be made on this franchise and I just can't see them killing the cash cow.

Jeff:
I vote no...  it may take a few years, but there will be another SW movie.  Like Mikey (and others before him) said, ther is too much money to be made for them not to do more.

I will not be surprised if Lucas is using a "Star Trek" type model for his live action TV show...  let the show run for a while then start kicking out movies/spinoffs based on the TV show characters.

David:

--- Quote from: Jeff on August 20, 2008, 04:01 PM ---I will not be surprised if Lucas is using a "Star Trek" type model for his live action TV show...  let the show run for a while then start kicking out movies/spinoffs based on the TV show characters.

--- End quote ---

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the live action TV show's first three episodes are squished together and shown in theaters.  ::)

Brian:

--- Quote from: Jeff on August 20, 2008, 04:01 PM ---I vote no...  it may take a few years, but there will be another SW movie.  Like Mikey (and others before him) said, ther is too much money to be made for them not to do more.

I will not be surprised if Lucas is using a "Star Trek" type model for his live action TV show...  let the show run for a while then start kicking out movies/spinoffs based on the TV show characters.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is a good point/idea Jeff - I could see Lucas doing that as well.  I'm getting more and more curious about the live action show, and hopefully we'll start getting some nuggets of information relating to that over the next year or so.  It doesn't seem very far along from what I've heard - what was the last reported "start date" for that?  I think it keeps getting pushed back.  Either way, I believe the time period was between ROTS and ANH, which would be cool - because hopefully we could see more OT-ish designs and concepts, since we're getting a lot of PT-era stuff lately (and more so with Clone Wars now).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version