Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Super Hero/Comic Book Movies

<< < (263/282) > >>

P-Siddy:
With Robert Downey, Jr not wanting to do anymore IM movies, perhaps with the Civil War and Infinity Wars he could die and Rhodie could take his place?

JediJman:
I heard last night that he's recently changed his tone on that and would consider an IM 4 if the story line is good.  He seems to revel in being Iron Man from his social media posts, so I hope he comes back for more.

Jeff:
The FF reboot just keeps on giving...  meet Victor Domashev, anti-social programmer; aka "Doom" on the internet.

My FF loving pal has already sworn off this flick with the casting changes made to Marvel's "first family", can't wait to hear his 45 minute tirade on how changing Victor Von Doom is the new worst thing they can possibly do to the movie... ;)

BillCable:
So who's going to be the better anti-social hacker, Victor "Doom" or Lex Luthor?

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Jeff on November 11, 2014, 12:53 PM ---The FF reboot just keeps on giving...  meet Victor Domashev, anti-social programmer; aka "Doom" on the internet.

My FF loving pal has already sworn off this flick with the casting changes made to Marvel's "first family", can't wait to hear his 45 minute tirade on how changing Victor Von Doom is the new worst thing they can possibly do to the movie... ;)

--- End quote ---

Your friend is right on the money. What is the point of taking one of the cornerstone Marvel franchises and then doing everything possible to make a move that bears little or no semblance to its source material? These aren't just cosmetic details like costumes either, they are completely altering the core characters. Reed and Sue were always meant to be older and squarer, like the parents, while Johnny and Ben were the unruly offspring. Reed wasn't just some punk kid with a high IQ, he was one of the most brilliant and prominent scientists in America even before he became Mr Fantastic. And don't even get me started on Victor Von Doom. Way to ruin one of the great comic villains by turning him into some douchy tattooed hipster hacker.

I really hope this is a colossal flop for them, this particularly appalling brand of Hollywood idiocy should not be rewarded. And please reconsider this director for any of those next few Star Wars movies. We don't need a young female Latino Boba Fett, or a middle aged Chinese man as Leia or WTF he is apt to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version