Community > Other Toy Lines

Dusty Trail Toys new "Wild West" Line

<< < (4/9) > >>

Jesse James:
Paul, you rock dude.  Thanks!  I'm gonna show those off at FFURG for custom fodder.

From my estimation (I borrowed them and lightened them up to see articulation and break points), I can see some really 21st Cent. Toys-ish articulation there.  Possibly as heavily done as the Paratroopers were.

I think the hats may come off...  it's possible.

I may shoot an email over to Dusty Trails too.  Absolutely infriggin'credible here.  :)  Very realistic figures.  I'd be all over these for casting and for just collecting a set...  Customizing some too!

Great stuff!

Some of the stuff the Playmobil line has may be able to be used there too...  They have an older style Colt single-action... 

This could be huge.  I can't see a Cannon and Gatling without troops too.  I hope we see Indians, Cavalry, and more noteable characters from history.  The Doc Holiday's very close in likeness to Val Kilmer's character from Tombstone.

I'm sure as **** glad that Earp doesn't look like the Costner version...  not close to Tombstone's Kurt Russel really either.  Closer to that than Costner though.

Which reminds me...  I'd take some Dances with Wolves characters...  OH!  What about figures based on characters likenesses from Deadwood on HBO?  I could only imagine if they had voice chips that had lines from that show.  Good lord.

Vator:
 :D Oodles please.

I really am digging the Mexican for some reason. Looks pretty sweet.

Jesse James:
After looking closer, their articulation is IDENTICAL to the U.S. Paras...  Right down to the pivoting thigh joint.  The elbow hinge is even identical in design to 21st's style.

Great stuff.

BTW Paul, I think I see pretty clear "gaps" at the hats for removable headgear too man!  REALLY nice sculpts.  Not the slightest bit cartoony or poor quality there.  The whole thing looks like authentic (100%, right down to the tin cup which is sweet) sculpts, tons of articulation...

If the horses suck I'll just be replacing them with better ones in the same scale *cough*PTE*cough*.

Nice pictures man, thanks.

Jedi Idej:
All I can say is... damn!

I know it's premature, but if the final products look as good as the protos, I'd like them to expand with pirates, the samurai/shogun era of Japan, and the American colonial period.

Jesse James:
I just hope they do more of this to start...  Given smaller companies track records they could clam up all of a sudden.

Colonia soldiers would rock though...  French & Indian war or Revolution?  Get outta town!  Civil War would be my favs though.  Very expansive era, very popular, very diverse line then...

Hell, I wish they'd get into World War two and give 21st and BBI a run for their money there too...  World War I...  Tons of eras I'd love to see covered here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version