Multimedia > The Wookiee Arcade

Galaxies: Who's in? Who's out? Who cares?

<< < (6/9) > >>

Pliscken:
I am IN IN AND IN! I say it 3 times becuase i have 3 accounts, i love the game LOVE it. I dont think any big time star wars fans..especially you older ones should be caught with out it.
I am 13 days from JEDI yay!

jedistyle:
hey, i have been considering getting back into galaxies and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the game is these days? i haven't played for about a year and a half, is it better or worse, still the same amount of people on line, still the same fees, any easier to become a jedi, still a fun game? just curious, thanks!

erik

Oboewan:

--- Quote from: jedistyle on May 29, 2006, 01:08 PM ---hey, i have been considering getting back into galaxies and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the game is these days? i haven't played for about a year and a half, is it better or worse, still the same amount of people on line, still the same fees, any easier to become a jedi, still a fun game? just curious, thanks!

erik

--- End quote ---

Hey Erik!   I'm new to JD so I just found this thread.. amazing that the post before yours was back in 2005.   I'm still playing SWG (or at least paying $15/mo to LA for the priviledge to play if I want to) and things are quite different.   First off, of course, is the retooled "classes"  You have only like 9 professions now and you can ONLY do one of them.   My Master Rifle/Master Sword has gone into Bounty Hunting and is having a decent time.   Combat has been totally retooled-  it's "almost" 1st person shooter style... no longer can you just tab/target an enemy.. you have to move the targeting reticle so that it's over the creature (hard to do on small things like Baz Nitches imho).   You can actually start as a Jedi now- it's one of the professions.     I think the changes have caused players to leave in droves but there seems to be an influx of new players and players coming back to the game after 1-2 year hiatus (like yourself).
   I recommend "trying" it out to see whether you like it or not.    If you're character still exists (which it really should), you will be able to convert your current experience to any of the professions.. .and you have a number of "respecs" (10 I think) that you can use to jump from profession to profession and then use your last respec to go back the profession you like best.    Also, you can now have 2 simultaneous characters per server.  For details about the New Gaming Experience check out the website or the SOE forums.   I'm still having fun.. for me, it's a matter of not having time, not lack of enjoyment.

Good luck.. and lmk what you think.. and what server you're on.  I'm on Bria- Na-Weobo

Oboewan

Smartypants1635:
Hey, Im downloading the trial as I type, anybody still playing,
 I'd like to see if anyone wants to play,and show me the ropes.
 Are servers changable, like on certain games you can go from server to server, or is this a fixed server thing?? 

See you in cyber space.

Adam

CloneCommander1:
I downloaded the trial too, but it says every name is taken, any advice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version