Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Darth Maul: Would You Have Liked to See Him Survive to AOTC or Beyond?

<< < (4/6) > >>

dafoo:
Ok one last post lol

they could easily have 3-5 Maul clones.  They don't ahve to be copies exactly, I seem to recall his red face was a tatoo anyway.  But like since Tyrannus was arranging the clone army, Sidious could have secreted away some of the cloners to develop force sensative clones.

Say it is difficult cuz you can't assure force sensativity.  Then have Sidious having trained them for 10-12 years, and unleash them to help start the slaughter of the jedi.  Of course get them wiped out for the finale too.  And nothing changes!

Like Add a good 6 more Jedi into Mace's arrest party and when they go for Sidious, a door opens and he's a MAUL party! huge saber battle ensues leaving just Mace and Sidious when Anakin shows up.

OOH that'd be great!

Ben:
I'd have just made Maul have a few facets of Dooku's personality, and have him wear a mask or facepaint when he's dealing with the Seperatists, ala Tim Burton's Joker or GI Joe's Destro. Then when he's ready to spank Jedi ass, he takes the mask off revealing his frightening tatooed face.

I think a steel mask being pulled off would have made for a more effective reveal than light pollution hitting his face in TPM.

As for Maul's face being everywhere for the merchandise-- I can't think of another character that had that much presence in TPM, so he was likely the best candidate in subpar competition.

dafoo:
Maul CLONES!!!!

Darth Slothus:
Hmm I thought about this same possibility once except my vision came up with 3 "Maulers" hiding in a transport that the jedi are using and they get ambushed by these Mauls. The Mauls are defeated with only Tinn, Koon, Fisto surviving while losing 4 other jedis.

Jabba the Slug:
I really want to post in this even though probably everyone's forgotten about it... ;D

Maul was 100% loyal to Darth Sidious. He never thought about betraying him (even Sidious knows this), which isn't exactly ideal in a Sith - when the apprentice is strong enough, he/she can overcome the master and become the next Sith Master.

Also, Maul was a pawn for Sidious. Which means that he was useful to a certain extent. And it would have taken an even longer time for Sidious' plans to unfold. Why? Because Dooku had all the connections - he was a political leader, and was very wealthy. Maul had none of that. Sidious needed Dooku to launch the Clone Wars and build armies. Maul was simply a warrior.

Therefore, as cool as Darth Maul is, I think his death in TPM was necessary as far as story goes. He's a cool evil dude, but he doesn't do much more than that. Heck, he only speaks once in the entire movie!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version