Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Darth Maul: Would You Have Liked to See Him Survive to AOTC or Beyond?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Darth Delicious:
I would have been happy if GL had simply kept the scene where Maul forcejumps onto the landing gear of the Queen's ship and continues to battle Qui-Gon in the air, until Obi-Wan opens the door and force-shoves him off.

As cool as Maul was, he was pure rage and no finesse. Kind of like Grievous. Just a blunt instrument to get the job done.

Dooku is far more effective in his role...although, still just a pawn.

-DD

Darth_Anton:
Maul was almost perfect as is. I think given the oppretunity to flesh out his character with subsequent film apearances could have ruined the character.

Herbert_Ackermans:
Darth Maul.

Never found him even one bit interesting. As intelligent as a Tyranosaurus, just brawl and no brains.

Even Vader had more charisma than Maul.

I agree that keeping him around would've made the story, as we now know it, difficult.

BUT... with him around for 3 movies, you'd have gotten a different PT, and not neccesarily worse.

The whole issue of the CloneWars could've been dealt differently altogether.

And if Maul had truly been the Vader of the PT, he would've clashed with Anakin in the 3rd part, mirroring the ROTJ-fight, and then the turn of Anakin would've happened in there, not by hacking up Mace.

Or with Dooku.

Famine:
Episode 2 could have opened with Darth Maul attacking a certain Senators ship, and two familiar Jedi showing up for the rescue. Some one is there, lurking. Suddenly, a slash of a lightsaber while our two hero's are on the ropes, and Maul drops in half off of the landing platform. Dooku reveals himself, on a goodwill mission, and couldn't let two Jedi die at the hands of sith. They leave, and he is seen eyeing the Senators ship, as Zam aproaches from her speeder.

And the rest could have been the same, except Padme would have lost a handmaiden a bit later. :)

Kevin

Jagdohh_Fett:

--- Quote from: Darth_Anton on May 29, 2005, 11:14 AM ---Maul was almost perfect as is. I think given the oppretunity to flesh out his character with subsequent film apearances could have ruined the character.

--- End quote ---

Gotta agree. As awesome as the character was, had Lucas given more back story to Maul, it would have ended up like what he did with Boba. No mystery or intrigue if you knew so much about where the character came from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version