Community > Other Toy Lines

Star Trek

<< < (74/79) > >>

McMetal:
Shoot, the first two waves of Avengers figures have ZERO villains. It's like Hasbro does not understand how kids play with these things.

Biffette:
The thought of a Kreo Deep Space Nine is making me giddy, but I realize that's a couple of years down the road, if ever.  It makes sense to me that they are mainly interested in using Star Trek to sell and promote their Kreo line.  Hasbro will never get the Star Wars license away from Lego (and for good reason!) and Lego has never appeared to show an interest in acquiring the Star Trek license, which has the often-unrealized potential to be a big seller.

efranks:
I'm convinced, after seeing what the NYCC exclusive Star Trek Hallmark ornament did on the secondary market, that the Star Trek community is starved for collectibles.  I don't think anyone felt the last line of action figures really were up to snuff.  The playsets weren't terrible, and I actually liked the idea of the bridge, but when you can't deliver wave 2 and thus never be able to complete your stations, it's a real loser.

I think Lego sells no matter what.  However, I don't know what the license for that costs so maybe Lego doesn't feel like paying out for it.  Or, since they have Star Wars and their own Space section of City, they don't feel they need it.

I don't know if I'd buy into a Lego line of Trek but I'm interested to see what they do with KRE-O.  The Battleship stuff looks cool so the ST stuff may work as well.  But, if Hasbro ever got the ST license and gave it the full Star Wars type treatment in 3.75" scale, it would be hard for me not to buy it. 

E...

Nicklab:
Looks like Hasbro is positioning themselves for the 2013 movie line.  I think they can certainly approach things in a far more focused way than whoever had the license for the 2009 movie.  Especially when you consider how that 2009 line had figures in what, at least 3 different scales?

efranks:
Look at Thundercats, didn't they do 3 scales on that one?  A 3.75" and 8" (including classics) and then a 6" they were going to move to?

That seems to be standard lately, throw a bunch of scales out and see what sticks.  The last Terminator film had 3 scales, last year's Pirates of the Caribbean had 2, I think Tron Legacy had 3 also.  I think there's even a new smaller scale of Halo figures coming that will run alongside the current scale. 

I know DC does well with their line of what, 6" (? I don't even know anymore) and Hasbro is bringing 6" Marvel Legends back, but for the price it seems like 3.75" is a great scale for detail and accessories. 

I'd probably buy a lot more action figures if they were Hasbro Star Wars and GI Joe quality at the same scale.  Most of the other lines out there that do pick 3.75" don't seem to hold a candle to Hasbro, though, so I end up passing. 

E...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version