Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114846 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #315 on: February 23, 2014, 12:24 PM »
Hmmm....I'd like another at that price.  Might have to hit up the discount stores to see if there's any left.

Rob - you still need one ?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 23, 2014, 02:54 PM »
It's still on my list, yep.  But I'm not in a hurry to spend a fortune on one.  If they're laying around for under $40 I'm interested even with the shipping cost.  If you stumble across more than you need, and don't mind wrapping one up and shipping it... :)

I'm going to run out to the two nearby ones to see if there's any left around here.

EDIT:  Struck out.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:11 PM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21 AM »
Saw one for $59 tonight and man, I can't do it...  Half that, maybe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #318 on: March 4, 2014, 08:16 PM »
And thanks to my local buddy Jim, I now have an MTT for $31 which I intend to customize into a more believable vehicle for the size...  Something of a Squad level transport, or even maybe just basically a "cargo truck" type of vehicle. 

I like the idea of a squad-size armored vehicle for the Separatists that would be sent into urban environments though.  Smaller, easier to maneuver, maybe a little zippier.  Maybe a little bit of a defense upward towards higher levels of buildings?  I have some ideas anyway.

Either way, for $31 it's tough to pass up any vehicle this large.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 5, 2014, 12:10 PM »
And thanks to my local buddy Jim, I now have an MTT for $31 which I intend to customize into a more believable vehicle for the size...  Something of a Squad level transport, or even maybe just basically a "cargo truck" type of vehicle. 

I like the idea of a squad-size armored vehicle for the Separatists that would be sent into urban environments though.  Smaller, easier to maneuver, maybe a little zippier.  Maybe a little bit of a defense upward towards higher levels of buildings?  I have some ideas anyway.

Either way, for $31 it's tough to pass up any vehicle this large.

I'd love to see pics when you do this... I know projects like that take a long time though - I have ideas I've been toiling around with for years but haven't started on yet.

I've got two of these that I paid much more for, and am hesitant to customize one for some reason.  If I can score one on the cheap though, it could make for a great project this summer.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #320 on: March 5, 2014, 07:53 PM »
Yeah if I made a list of the "I want to......"'s I'd have one hell of a long list.  I have a ton of things on the table all the time.  Rarely much time to finish them.  I've had my Turbo Tank torn apart since I bought it.  I should put it back together till I'm finally ready, as I really just needed to see it apart first.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 6, 2014, 11:32 AM »
or even maybe just basically a "cargo truck" type of vehicle. 

There is some precedent for this type of vehicle. An older video game (Clone Wars or Jedi Starfighter I think) featured this vehicle: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Multi-Utility_Transport

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 6, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Yeah if I made a list of the "I want to......"'s I'd have one hell of a long list.  I have a ton of things on the table all the time.  Rarely much time to finish them.  I've had my Turbo Tank torn apart since I bought it.  I should put it back together till I'm finally ready, as I really just needed to see it apart first.

I was able to get a 3rd one last night - $39.00 was fine.  If I ever get around to customizing it I'll share pics.  My version would be a relic though of one during the OT era... some sort of battlefield graveyard.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 8, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I hit 4 of these stores this week and finally found my 2nd for $39.  Last one there - box was open and a little beat up but its all there.  I just might display it in the bathroom.  I think I got my original for somewhere around there on Amazon somehow a while back.  Now I need to find a 2nd mini-rig-thing-mobile.

Rob I have a couple more stores I can try before the well dries up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 8, 2014, 03:31 PM »
That'd be cool.  If you happen to end up with an extra, let me know, but don't go out of your way or anything on my account.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Amazingly, I wandered into a TJ Maxx today and stumbled across a lone MTT.  Looked like it had been wrapped as a birthday gift and returned later (had a piece of tape with some paper on it).  It was open, but seemed complete.  I got it home and everything was in good order but there were no stickers, which isn't a big deal since I don't typically put those on anyway.  I'm going to email Hasbro to see if they maybe can send a sheet, but whatever.

Can't beat it for $39.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2014, 12:59 PM »
Can't beat it for $39.

Well, it would seem that YES, YOU CAN BEAT $39.  Toys R Us stores are now clearancing out the MTT.  The current price?  $33!!!  I may pick up another now.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 12:59 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 31, 2014, 03:46 PM »
Impressive.  The TRU's near me haven't had the MTT in awhile.  It's all Endor AT-AT's and X-Wings.

I'd love to find one of those AT-AT's on clearance at some point...