Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Everything eBay! Scams, questions, etc...

<< < (171/172) > >>

Rob:
This one gave me pause... I know those Vaders are kind of expensive, but aren't they like $100 each?  This guy thinks they're worth $900 each?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133331007438

Muftak:
He's saving you so much legwork putting the set together though, that's gotta be worth 20k just for the trouble saved...right?

Rob:
Whatever eBay just did to the My Ebay page, I absolutely hate it.  I can't find anything. 

Nicklab:
I've been doing a fair amount of selling for the past few years.  The result of buying WAY too much.  So, does anyone else get inundated with questions like this?

"Whats the absolute lowest youd take?" [sic]

Do people think that's actually something that a seller would answer?  Especially when I have the BEST OFFER option enabled on pretty much every listing?

Call me crazy, but isn't traditional negotiating supposed to go like this?
-Seller sets a price
-Potential buyer makes an offer
-Seller can - A - Accept offer;  B - Decline offer;  C - Counteroffer

I was tempted to tell this latest clown to go f*** himself, because I'm so over eBayers asking that question.

Muftak:
All the time! They will even tell me why they need to pay less than the listed price!

Of course, I am basically making bespoke product, so that's different.

I have best offer turned off, but they still send messages trying to get things for less than I have listed them. My pat answer is that I am making these on demand and typically sell through the quantities I list, so it's not something that I am looking to unload.

And then, when I have a slow weekend, I very often send offers of $5-$10 off to people watching the listing.

All of that said, pretty much anytime I buy something at a vintage toy store or a toy show, I will always offer them like $10 less since I am paying in cash. It usually goes pretty well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version