Collectibles > Shadows of the Dark Side

2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs

<< < (24/25) > >>

Jabba the Slug:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on December 29, 2010, 02:32 AM ---I liked her, but I'm to the point I'd really like seeing her feet redone so they're poseable.  My Ti's falling over easily.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, same here. The ROTS version had the help of a pack-in stand, but this version doesn't have one.

JesseVader08:
Can anyone tell me what version the R2 is?  I'm assuming he's a repaint of some previous release, but having trouble tracking down what that is.

Jesse James:
the R2's actually fairly new Jesse...  at least I'm pretty sure it's a retooled older figure.  I know it's based on something older, as it features an opening back door panel for the cord to attach to 3PO's head, but it also has an opening front left (tall) panel door with a tool arm that pops out.

The date stamp on his foot is 2004... I 'm kind of tied up or I'd look more into what figure he's based on, but I'm 99% sure this figure was fairly new himself.

I know I was most pleased with this set...  It was the true winner of that wave, and sold out first here.  I'm guessing some of it is VOTC R2.  The head turns and winds the rope back into the body.  It's pretty neat, nice deco...  It has a clear lightpipe however, which is odd.  Its dusty red spray on the feet makes it uniquely Geonosian though.

Blaster under the pillow:
These sets are going for $30 over here in the Uk, so I only picked up the set with the Droids. The other packs just seemed to have really rough looking paint apps.

This was over a month ago, there's a real dearth over here at the moment. I've bought four figures total and we're a quarter of the way through the year... it feels damn strange.

The last wave we had in store was ROTJ but I only saw it once and then it vanished.

JesseVader08:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on March 31, 2011, 03:18 AM ---I'm guessing some of it is VOTC R2.  The head turns and winds the rope back into the body.  It's pretty neat, nice deco...  It has a clear lightpipe however, which is odd.  Its dusty red spray on the feet makes it uniquely Geonosian though.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info JJ!  It's pretty cool that the head winds the rope in, I'm definitely going to track this one down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version