Author Topic: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?  (Read 177262 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?
« Reply #750 on: September 23, 2021, 09:26 PM »
Same place mad Luke’s helmet doesn’t come off despite the ease of head swapping that figure? 

Same place claiming credit for these droids figures getting made like he’s an “insider”?

The collectorate definitely has lots of dumb to offer for sure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 23, 2021, 09:39 PM »
While figures have recently been in short supply, dumb is always plentiful. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 25, 2021, 04:50 PM »
I've gone through the highs and lows but the lull in passion never got to where i wanted to ditch the 3.75" collection. Gone is the neuroticism of the early years.

Personal interest has been at high for me the last few years to the point I bought a lot of key figures I missed or ships I skipped when they came out. (Thank the almighty I started this before prices took a massive jump.)

It's funny; i buy the toys to relive the movies. Now I youtube collectors picking up older toys to relive the buzz I got from when i bought those same toys. Haha.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 15, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Interesting article in the NY Times today about bots and Sneakerheads.

It goes in to detail about how these bots can complete purchases in seconds, and scoop up tons of stock before a real user can even complete the checkout process.  I don't know how much of this might be used in the SW toy world where stock numbers are much, much higher, but it illustrates the point if someone applies these bot purchase tools they could clear out a vendor's stock really really quickly if the vendor doesn't have good anti-bot software.