Author Topic: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?  (Read 127422 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Star Wars Collecting?
« Reply #660 on: October 3, 2019, 09:48 PM »
C'est la vie if ends. Hasbro will blame everyone but themselves.

Aside from a rare glimpse of single skiff guard Lando (which may have been a dream), I haven't seen a new TVC figure at brick and mo'ta since last fall.  So, to me the line has been more or less been cancelled already.  Force Friday, scalpers and early bird raiders will get anything good, don't expect restocks...because you just cannot. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #661 on: February 21, 2020, 11:35 AM »
Hasbro and Disney Extend Strategic Merchandising Relationship for Marvel and Star Wars Franchises

During the investor call this morning, Hasbro declined to reveal how long the agreement lasts (they stuck with "multiyear agreement") but it does include all new original content (movies, TV shows, Disney+).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 21, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Hasbro and Disney Extend Strategic Merchandising Relationship for Marvel and Star Wars Franchises

During the investor call this morning, Hasbro declined to reveal how long the agreement lasts (they stuck with "multiyear agreement") but it does include all new original content (movies, TV shows, Disney+).

Mixed feelings I guess. 

Hasbro has done great things in the past, and still lands a few solid products these days, but my interest in their product has been really lagging lately.  I have zero interest in all the different (non 3.75" and 6") scales and styles.

I'd like to see more 3.75" product and more creativity (less rehash).  They're doing mostly great with 6" figures.

I wonder if a new vendor would have done something better in the 3.75" scale, or if they would have gone in a totally different direction and completely left behind the legacy.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 21, 2020, 01:50 PM »
I have mixed feelings as well. There's little doubt that Disney stifles Hasbro's innovation potential. You'd think with all the smart people around that a better balance could be found between production and sales potential.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2020, 02:02 PM »
I don't love what Hasbro is doing but am super skeptical that another company getting the license would have been anything other than a train wreck
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:46 PM by GrandMoffNick »
Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 21, 2020, 10:10 PM »
Iím disappointed because I have really been looking for a jumping off point lately and that would have been a good one. I would like to see them scale back on the 6Ē exclusives for sure.

Glad for those that are psyched about it though. Iím sure they will do some great stuff for The Mando.
A characterís face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2020, 02:56 PM »
I was kind of hoping Mattel or some company would take over so I would have an excuse to stop. I'm not unhappy with Hasbro's stuff (I blame Disney for most of the problems) but I just moved recently, and the amount of stuff I own is just overwhelming.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks