Multimedia > TV-9D9

The Clone Wars - Season Six?

<< < (10/24) > >>

Jayson:
Yep, not the series finale, just the Maul storyline.

Jesse James:
I'm in the minority but I hated the Maul arc...

I hated that he was alive.  I hated that they brought him back to try breathing life into the toon...  I hate it all.  I felt it was just another sign of the show taking a path away from the actual Clone Wars to crowbar in more stuff.  :-\  There's so much more to that era we basically missed because the toon just went away from its namesake.  That'll always bug me.

Jayson:
I don't disagree. It was blatant property-whoring bringing Maul back, but if you could suspend disbelief/disgust enough, it was a well thought out path Maul took in the series - consorting with Talzin and the Mandalorians. It all culminated though in the murder of Satine, the defeat of Pre Vizsla and duel with Savage against Sidious. I loved every minute of it - the animation, the dialogue, the violence.

I'm still amazed that LFL went so far as to bring Maul back and didn't pay off that huge gamble with a proper animated conclusion. Sure the new comic series will fill in the blanks but I can't help but feel that anything pre-Disney acquisition is just viewed as a GL bastard child.

Jabba the Slug:
For me this is great news (being that I loved Maul's return, despite how ridiculous it sounded), but the biggest defeat for me will come around the time that I open those comic pages and imagine how every scene from those panels would have looked like in cartoon form on TV - I was practically sh***ing my pants during the Sidious vs. Maul & Savage duel, and now we're gonna miss out on what's practically going to be the biggest, most epic conclusion to TCW on TV? It just downright sucks. I can't even believe they wouldn't even make this a direct-to-DVD release, I mean, this is Darth freaking Maul!!!! We all know this guy HAS TO die at the end of the arc, right? I'm just in such disbelief by all of this.

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Jayson on January  8, 2014, 01:08 AM ---I don't disagree. It was blatant property-whoring bringing Maul back, but if you could suspend disbelief/disgust enough, it was a well thought out path Maul took in the series - consorting with Talzin and the Mandalorians. It all culminated though in the murder of Satine, the defeat of Pre Vizsla and duel with Savage against Sidious. I loved every minute of it - the animation, the dialogue, the violence.

--- End quote ---

My thoughts exactly, I just recently went back and re-watched those episodes and they really were among the best the show ever had to offer. Silly idea at its core, but very well-executed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version