Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 148542 times)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #735 on: February 12, 2004, 01:40 PM »
No Star Wars Early Bird set for me.   :'(  Already got outbid and there is still 8 hours plus to go.  Currently at $155.49.  At least I didn't get sniped at the last second I guess.   :'(  I was winning for 6 plus days.  So close yet so far.  
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 01:50 PM by Padawan »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #736 on: February 12, 2004, 03:51 PM »
No Star Wars Early Bird set for me.   :'(  Already got outbid and there is still 8 hours plus to go.  Currently at $155.49.

Wow, those really are going up...   :-\  They were sitting between the $100 - $125 mark for quite a while, but I guess the more that find their way into permanent collections, the less supply out there, the more they cost...

Pretty sure I learned something to that effect in one of my college econ classes years ago...   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #737 on: February 12, 2004, 04:33 PM »
Oh $h!t...  GH is reporting that the "Droids" R2-D2 is going to be limited to only 500 pieces now.  Weren't we originally thinking it was going to be 2,004 total, to match the year?  Pretty sure that's what I remember.  Damn.  Not good...

Anyone know some firm numbers on the production of the two carded figures?  Wonder how this compares.  I've seen some people say the Fett was only 100, but I don't think I believe that.  There's no way in hell I'm going over $100 on this thing.  But I'd imagine that our club President is going to HAVE TO track one of these down regardless of cost, if he wants to maintain his sterling new super complete reputation...   ;)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 04:44 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #738 on: February 12, 2004, 04:38 PM »
No...its 2004 pieces

http://www.bearbrick.com/wf2004wr2d2/

Thanks to Babelfish

R2-D2 (TM) KUBRICK [ DROIDS version ]

Dispatch schedule: 2004 May first third
Distribution price: \1,575 (including tax)  
Prototype production: Katunori Okabe (PHM)  

- Total height approximately 50mm
- R2 of DROIDS edition - reproducing D2!
- Limitation 2004pc
  (Meeting place sale amount 500pc/net pulling out selection amount 1504pc)
- Sale origin/corporation Tommy
  Selling agency /MEDICOM TOY

(C) 2004 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved.
Used under authorization.
KUBRICK TM & (C) 2000-2004 MEDICOM TOY CORPORATION.
All rights reserved.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 04:39 PM by OCB »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #739 on: February 12, 2004, 04:47 PM »
OK.  Phew!  That's what I thought!  So what's the difference in the breakdown on this thing?  Medicom's site shows 2,004 (500 + 1,504).  Is the 500 for the Japan Wonder Festival that GH mentioned, and the rest will be available elsewhere?  Hopefully that's the case, 'cause just 2,004 was going to be tough enough as it was!   :-\
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 05:16 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2004, 04:53 PM »
1504 will be sold on the net next week...personally I think that is quite a lot

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #741 on: February 12, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Exclusive to a Japanese mailing address though, right?

Damn, you're right Scott - Medicom's new website does SUCK.   >:(  Good lord that thing's impossible to navigate.  And if you mistakenly click your internet browser button - *POOF* - you're out of there, and will have to click a hundred links to get back to where you were...   ::)  Can't even bookmark one of the Star Wars pages, can you?  Or do a search...  Or anything.  Totally worthless now!

Is there anywhere on their site to get bigger pictures than the tiny thumbnails that they have available?  Can't even see that crap, and it's not clickable for a bigger shot like they used to have before...   :-\

How can you use this type of URL for their Endor set, to get into their other pages?

http://www.medicomtoyshop.com/collectors/starwars_speederbike/index.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 05:11 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scrub

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Anyone ever look into getting one of these virtual mailboxes in japan(ie http://www.maildrop.jp)?  Seems like it might be cheaper than paying ebay prices.  Is there any other way to get these exclusives?

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
Series 2
« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2004, 09:25 PM »
That 500 pieces mentioned refers to 500 being given out at a show next weekend in Tokyo. The other 1504 are mail order only. Unfortunately I can't get to the show due to my real job, so I'm banking on getting one mail order. Hopefully a couple more if I'm lucky.

Also the virtual mail box wouldn't work because everthing Medicom ships is COD.  

Maybe one of these days, Medicom will generate enough interest to release their stuff OS.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 09:29 PM by Hes No Good to Me Dead »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2004, 11:00 PM »
I'm having a little trouble breathing right now.  I just bought an early bird set for $170.88 BIN.  Since the same seller also had the best deal on the Terminator 3 Box set A and B I picked those up as well.  The total damage $291.76 plus shipping.     :-X  

Offline Mos-Quito

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #745 on: February 12, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Nice score, Padawan! I don't think that set will get any lower unless the interests drop, which is unlikely. Do post us a picture as well as the Terminator sets. Now am I the only one here without the Early Bird set? :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2004, 01:13 AM »
I'm having a little trouble breathing right now.  I just bought an early bird set for $170.88 BIN.

Holy crap Padawan!!!   :o  They're not all that high now are they, or did you just run out of patience and pull the trigger?!?  Damn, that's a lot of coin there!  You could've bought over one third of a carded Boba Fett for that...   :P  I thought they were still trickling out a fair amount lower than that though.   :-\

Now am I the only one here without the Early Bird set?

Nah.  There's a couple of other newer Kubrick collectors here who haven't reeled one in yet either, but we're working on them!  Brent, did you ever pick this set up?

On a related note, here's a complete Bounty Hunter set that ended last week for a very modest $64.  Not bad at all for those 6, if anyone's still in need of that series...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2004, 01:19 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2004, 01:31 AM »
Well one set ended earlier today for $177.55.  I know they had been pulling between $100-$125.00 in the recent months, but there are fewer and fewer available.  I don't see it getting much cheaper, though I could be wrong.  I even sent an email to ronnicshop (for those who don't know they sell tons of various Kubrick and Be@rbrick stuff on ebay) and they said they couldn't get me one no matter how much I would pay for it.  I searched the net far and wide in hopes that maybe some store overseas still had one in stock and no luck.  To me this is a must have set as an avid Kubrick collector, and in a sense is my Carded Fett.  I know for a fact I will never own one of those, but at least I can own the non-carded version.  I'm a completionist at heart, but paint variations and package variations are things I can live without.  A Chewbacca Kubrick is something I cannot live without.   :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2004, 08:38 AM »
Wow, has the price of the Early Bird set gone up.  :o   Don't forget that loose set went for $113.61!

Early Bird Set Loose

Congrats Padawan.

Offline Matt Brand

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Lunaroma Aromatherapy & Natural Body Care
Series 2
« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2004, 08:42 AM »
Nice score, Padawan! I don't think that set will get any lower unless the interests drop, which is unlikely. Do post us a picture as well as the Terminator sets. Now am I the only one here without the Early Bird set? :'(

Nope - I don't have one yet.  I've been waiting for the price to go down, but it seems like its just going up.

Matt
be_sharp@hotmail.com

Lunaroma Aromatherapy - www.lunaroma.com