Author Topic: Series 2  (Read 143882 times)

Offline chuckles

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Series 2
« on: June 11, 2003, 08:31 PM »
I read somewhere that series 2 will also include Greedo and a Tusken Raider. Anyone else hear about this? They even had pics at SSG but you have to be registered there to see the bigger pics of them.  ::)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 10:38 PM »
Yes, Series 2 is also going to have Greedo and the Tusken Raider! :) They both look absolutely awesome as well
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 11:02 PM »
Care to divulge where you saw these Adam?!   :-*  Was it over at SSG also?

One thing that I'm really excited about with this Kubrick line is their obvious focus on the Original Trilogy.  It's also interesting to see them place all their focus from the first 3 waves on ANH figures and the Bounty Hunters.  Very cool.  I wouldn't care in the slightest if they never touched on the Prequel characters myself...   ;)

Nevermind, I found that tiny little thumbnail over there.  Interesting how they've got that whole members only policy of viewing images.  One more example of how they don't like to play well with others...   :-X
« Last Edit: June 11, 2003, 11:10 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 11:19 PM »
I also like the vintage focus to the kubrick line.  greedo? sweeeet.  I like the carded ones and I might try and get one of the carded fetts to go with my vintage fett collection, depending on the price, but prolly pass on finding and shelling out for the rest since I primarily tear them open anyway.  either way, nostalgia factor with these guys is very high. kind of started once I saw that early bird set which is just too cool.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 11:49 PM »
lol I was just thinking, "Man, I gotta join this crappy site to see the pictures?!" BLEH! But yes, those are where I saw the pics

JD - You'd keep the Fett carded right? Just making sure you know its the same as the chase figure you can get in the normal lines.

Luckily, there are only two carded figures (at least so far). I hope there is some way to get these fairly easily, but I fear the only way to get them will be to shell out booku bucks

Jango Fettish

Series 2
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2003, 12:34 AM »
YGM, Adam. Mailed you from my new address.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2003, 12:45 AM »
Ah, so it is a series of 6 again.  

Dale? ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2003, 08:37 AM »
Ah, so it is a series of 6 again.  

Dale? ;D

You rang!    ;D   8)
Keeping my out out for them.  ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 12:12 AM »
I finally got around to opening my Kubrick Bounty Hunter set, and I unbelievably managed to score a 1 in 96 miracle and got the "vintage" Boba Fett variant!!!  :o  I'm in total shock right now!  This is a HUGE score, since I was planning on trying to get all 3 of the Kubrick Fetts, the standard version, AND the 2 VHTF variants.  So I totally lucked out and got one of the variants right off the bat!  This is just one of those beautiful collecting moments that I'll always remember...

When I first opened it, I immediately recognized it as the "vintage" variant with one red and one yellow wrist gauntlet, but then I managed to convince myself that I must have gotten all mixed up as to which were the variants, so I had to go and look at my old news post on the main page here at JediDefender to double check, and indeed I was right - I had the variant "vintage" version!   8)

To be honest though, I wish it was the ROTJ variant instead, since I was wanting to try to get this vintage version carded, from the recent Medicom Toy Exhibit.  Oh well...  Guess I'll be happy with what I got!   :D  Two Kubrick Fetts to go now...

Here's a shot of the one that I got (someone else's picture):

« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 05:15 AM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 12:42 AM »
What's totally bizarre about my score, is that I was absolutely 100% convinced that my Boba Fett Kubrick box had been opened and resealed, since there seemed to be some glue coming out of the side of one of the bottom flaps and it was a little loose.  I actually went so far as to call ActionFigureXpress today and b!tch and moan that there was something unethical going on there, and someone had already checked my box to make sure it wasn't the variant, or to swap the variant out if it was indeed in there.

Little did I know, that inside the box, the figures are still vacu-sealed in a non-see through silver bag, which would be totally obvious if it had been tampered with (and obviously once I got in there I realized it wasn't).  So I was relieved just to know that my package was legit.

But get this, the ActionFigureXpress customer service guy I spoke to said I could return it and they'd send me a new one if I was that unhappy about it - and I ALMOST DID!   :o  But I decided I didn't want to pay the $5 to ship it back to them, and told the guy that it was highly doubtful that I would've got one of the two variants anyways, so I'd just hang on to it, despite my anger over thinking it had been opened, inspected, and resealed.  Of course now I owe that customer service rep a serious apology for being so upset with him and his company...   :-[  And I was completely wrong the entire time...   :-\

Who'da thunk it...   :P

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 01:14 AM »
A couple of the boxes in my case of Kubricks were also unglued on the bottom, but the figures weren't tampered with...

Being the gambling man that I am, I ordered five more Fetts, in hopes of getting one or both of the variants ;) lol

Fettish, your Fett should be in the mail soon! Just need to find a box! :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 05:06 AM »
Might want to check out JediDefender's main news page for a much bigger shot of this here beauty, especially those 2 new ones on the end!   ;)

I'm really digging this Series 2 wave a lot more now with the inclusion of that excellent Greedo and Tusken Raider!  Anyone care to place bets on whether the Sandtrooper's going to have the "secret" chase figures in this series?  I'm betting on black and white shoulder pauldron variants for the Sandtrooper, akin to the 3 different Boba Fetts we got in the prior series.  Hopefully I'm wrong though, 'cause I really don't want this line to continue on with these VHTF variants that will cost an arm and a leg to acquire for all of us Kubrick completists!   :-\

I love how Medicom appears to be slowly working it's way through the characters from the beginning of ANH right now.  I'm guessing they threw the Bounty Hunter set out there initially just to get the line off to a great start (excellent idea).  Gotta wonder where the hell Vader is though...  Most assuredly in Series 3, I'd imagine.  Maybe an all Imperial set, with Vader, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, Death Star Gunner, Tie Pilot, and... Death Star Trooper (they seem to come in sets of 6)?  How sweet would that be?!?   8)  Of course, that would leave poor C-3PO sitting out in the cold all by his lonesome...

So who else from ANH would be left to make after that?  A Jawa, R5-D4, various Cantina aliens, Luke and Han Stormies, RFT, X-Wing Pilot Luke (maybe Wedge/Biggs), Owen/Beru (though the background humans would be boring)...  I'd love it if they just went movie by movie - that way I could for once get all my OT collecting done before the less than desirable Prequel characters hit the market!  :D

My actual guess on Series 3:  Darth Vader, C-3PO, Jawa, R5-D4, X-Wing Luke, and a Stormtrooper.  You heard it here first!   :-*  But hopefully they'll go even slower than that, and hit more of the background characters as they work their way through ANH...  Loving this line whoever they put out next though!  Now if we could just get these damned things sold somewhere other than just in Asia, we'd be in business!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 04:32 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 10:42 AM »
Okay, I have seen these things before in the past.  What is the story with these?  Are these actually released to the general public in Japan?  Are they customs?  What?  I am ignorant American that does not know :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Series 2
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2003, 11:08 AM »
Okay, I have seen these things before in the past.  What is the story with these?  Are these actually released to the general public in Japan?  Are they customs?  What?  I am ignorant American that does not know :)

Hey Brian, these are officially licensed figures for one of Japan's top toy company's - Medicom.  They're available primarily in Japan, as well as a little in Hong Kong.  But nothing much other than that except for eBay and a few online e-tailers.  Seems that they'll generally set you back about $7-$10 each, based on most prices I've seen around the net.  But they're definitely not available anywhere here in the states...  :(

Fun little fellas they are...   8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Series 2
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2003, 01:49 PM »
dang Matt, nice score on that.  Glad to see a collector get one for a reasonable price.  

I love how Medicom appears to be slowly working it's way through the characters from the beginning of ANH right now.  I'm guessing they threw the Bounty Hunter set out there initially just to get the line off to a great start (excellent idea).  Gotta wonder where the hell Vader is though...  Most assuredly in Series 3, I'd imagine.  Maybe an all Imperial set, with Vader, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, Death Star Gunner, Tie Pilot, and... Death Star Trooper (they seem to come in sets of 6)?  How sweet would that be?!?    Of course, that would leave poor C-3PO sitting out in the cold all by his lonesome...

I'd love that imperial set.  Man, that would be awesome.  

I don't agree with your picks for the next series (3) though.  Vader, C3PO, Jawa and Stormtrooper are good bets, but I wonder if they'll make the Stormie right after the Sandie.  I don't see R5D4 being released that soon, if at all.  the Luke X-wing is good, especially for those of us that missed out on the early bird set so we can have a Luke.  I'm going to take your five but put the Emperor in before an R5.  They haven't gone strictly ANH since they did the bounty hunters so soon (brilliant marketing strategy) so I think he or Yoda are natural pics for the next set.  That said, the Luke may get turfed too.  Lando?  

How about this:
Series 3: Vader, C3PO, Jawa, Yoda, Emperor Palpatine, Luke X-wing.  

though that Aliens set has me wondering about a Jabba... :D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.