Community > LEGO

LEGO

<< < (4/33) > >>

Jesse James:
The only kits I have that aren't in a giant bin of grey or whatnot, are the yellow castle kits.  I forget how I even got these but I feel like they're some kind of investment that I'm not doing anything with.  It's like owning a stock that never pays, but selling it could do me well.

I owned every one of the original grey castle sets for many years except the guarded inn (lego shop exclusive I think?), but never kept instructions/boxes and all that. 

Looooooooved them Lego knight sets.  I was buying those up to the point they were making the round grey helmets that looked like Braveheart knight helmets, just because they were so cool and accurate.  The viking stuff looks outstanding too.  If I were a rich guy, Legos would be on the menu.

Chris M:
Rob, I'm not even sure which ones that I'm looking for.  I want to dig through that site and see what I come up with and go from there.  It'll be a few weeks though as Sunday I'm headed to New Orleans for another week of relief work.  When I dig up what I'm looking for, I'll hit you up.

DSJ™:
Displayed at SDCC.  8)

Phrubruh:
A lego robot that can solve a rubiks cube in less than 6 minutes.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/?p=2733

Phrubruh:
Sea-life Aquarium opens August 11th at Legoland California.

Sealife Aquarium

More than a standard aquarium, SEA LIFE™ Aquarium provides an educational and interactive dynamic unlike any other.  Featuring play zones, fun facts and quiz trails, SEA LIFE is designed to be a child’s guide to the life of the sea.  The SEA LIFE voyage begins high in the fresh waters of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, continuing on to the San Francisco Harbor and finally journeying to the depths of the Pacific Ocean via the California shoreline. Along the way, families discover the lost ancient city of Atlantis and a sunken shipwreck. 

In line with the SEA LIFE philosophy, SEA LIFE Aquarium at the LEGOLAND California Resort focuses on the creatures commonly found in local waters. All of the freshwater fish living in the aquarium can be found in California lakes and streams, and our cold water marine animals, which are all native to the California coastline.

At the entrance, a huge LEGO® fish spanning more than 10 feet will greet visitors. Made of thousands of LEGO bricks, this new model joins a nearly 11 foot-long submarine which will be installed in the ocean display. These are just two of more than 70 new LEGO models you’ll find at SEA LIFE Aquarium, totaling tens of thousands of LEGO bricks. 

SEA LIFE also features a seahorse kingdom where children can get their first look at these mythical creatures, a bay of rays where they can experience marine life up-close and a shoaling ring where they will be surrounded 360 degrees by schools of shimmering fish. As guests stroll through an acrylic tunnel, they will be immersed in the ocean without getting wet, surrounded by more than 20 species of sharks, fish and invertebrates. An interactive discovery zone, including the Southern California Tide Pool, also offers young visitors the opportunity to interact with SEA LIFE experts, get hands-on with interesting creatures of the ocean in a touch pool and participate in building their own coral reef out of LEGO brick. Opening right next door -
August 11, 2008!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version