Author Topic: Thanks to the Veterans  (Read 7854 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to the Veterans
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 10:26 AM »
Agreed everyone.    Thanks for doing the dirty work!  Thanks not just ot veterans, but to our active duty folks who are in trouble right now as well.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Thanks again Vets!
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Thanks to all that fought in the past and serve in the present - they allow us to enjoy the freedoms we have today.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 11:09 AM »
 ;D Thank you to those in the United States Armed Forces who have protected and are protecting us to the day. ;D

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004, 11:36 AM »
Big thanks to all the veterans out there, for all that you do and have done for all of us.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004, 05:51 PM »
I've been really lucky to have talked to vets from all over the world.  They're great people.

There's some truly frightening, enlightening, shocking, saddening, and eye-opening things on the History Channel right now (I'm watching it as I type this), and it's worth making sure you check it out just so you always hear some of the words from those who really have experienced war.

Our soldiers today, whether we agree with why or not, are in the midst of similar circumstances, and I hope they're all going to come home, even if that's not a hope that can be fulfilled.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 06:25 PM »
The people of this nation owe everything to our veterans, and it really frustrates me just how ireverant some people can be in regards to the matter.

To the veterans:

Thank you for putting your life on the line for the lives of others. Thank you for helping our nation retain its position of prosperity. Thank you for protecting all that we have worked so hard to build. Thank you for helping those in need. Thank you.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2004, 06:26 PM by Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Thanks for bumping this up again.  And of course thanks to all those that have served, are now serving and those that will serve in the future.  It is most humbly appreciated.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 11:58 PM »
Yes indeed, without the Vets - past, present, and future - this country world wouldn't be the same.

And it's kind of eerie to think that soon - or even now - there are people out there with Veteran status who aren't old enough to drink in the U.S. but are putting their lives on the line, day in and day out, to protect our freedom. Or whatever it is they are doing over there now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2004, 12:01 AM »

And it's kind of eerie to think that soon - or even now - there are people out there with Veteran status who aren't old enough to drink in the U.S. but are putting their lives on the line, day in and day out, to protect our freedom. Or whatever it is they are doing over there now.

Scary, isn't it.  What scares me more though is the passing of those that fought in WW II.  There is something that only they can communicate that we need to be aware of.  You can already see in so many areas the freedoms they fought for being worn away by overbearing politicians, regardless of where you are.  That makes me very nervous to the point I think without their voice of wisdom, we will be doomed to repeat what they fought so hard to avoid :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2004, 10:25 AM »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Veteran's Day
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 11:23 AM »
Happy Veteran's Day to any of our Veterans here at JD.  Thank you so much for your service to our country and all that you have done to protect our rights and freedoms!  Thanks also to all the active service men and women and their families for all of their sacrifices.  It is very much appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:26 AM by tamidala »
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2005, 12:01 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts guys. 

Many vets don't say much about their service, but I can guarantee we wear our service on our sleeves with pride.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2005, 12:06 PM »
Yes, there are no people in the world that I respect more than the military of the free world, past and present.  Thank you for your selfless sacrifice to make the world a better and safer place.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Thank you, so much.

Kevin