Author Topic: JFC's Customs  (Read 4447 times)

Offline JFC

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
JFC's Customs
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Well here he is, all finished.  Let me know what you think :) :

Damn, they're suppose to show up as thumbnail links.  Could a mod edit it to show up properly please cos im nto sure how.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:22 PM by Jeff »

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: COMMANDER EHXX (inspired by jubjubjedi's black ops clone)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 02:39 PM »
The tags should say "img" not "image."

I like it but, I'm not a fan of the preposed legs, I think the AT-TE gunner legs would have been much better so you could pose him like that but you could stand him up too.

Wait I take that back, those are the AT-TE legs. They are just posed the same way in all the pictures and they fooled me. I think I would add some articulation to the arms though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2005, 04:23 PM by Jeff »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 02:46 PM »
While I think the designs are all cool, sometimes I think they are stretching it a bit on what I consider something to look like it came from Star Wars.  I personally prefer the vintage feel where designs are a little less complex.  This one is pretty simple though compared to some of the others.

It looks really nice too, and the attached knifes to his hand really an element of meanness to him.  Great painting.

:P

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 08:44 PM »
at 1st i thought the legs were from the jetpac clone, but.......well I'm still not sure  ;D

I REALLY like the design, and the added features.  the paint app REALLY brings out the detail.   I, unfortunatley, agree with chewie  8)  as the "feel" isnt really SW, but I could see this design in one of the EU back stories; say a Tin Zhan Novell. Or from the Dark Empire series.  I was thinking of doing this one myself from JJ's renderings.  I think though that the Pauldron would be better served if it was from Baccara.  or from the atte gunner.  I think with your design and paint either of these would "flow" much better with the figure.  It is still an AWESOME figure, dont care who u r.   ;D  ...........................................................................

Now that I have studied the fig more closely, definetly the atte gunner pauldron.   And, just a suggestion; in stead of the wolverine type claws, id go for a T cross guard held in the hand, instead of buit in. 

But I STILL LOVE THE OVER ALL!  :-[  :D
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 08:48 PM »
Looks pretty cool. Reminds me of the Clone Asassin from the EIII Game. :)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 09:32 PM »
Great paint job - it's very clean, nice work.  The design is cool too, like the others, I prefer a simpler paint scheme, although after seeing some of hasbro's EU clones as well as Gree's camo grunts, it seems that the paint schemes were getting fancier and fancier.  That's neither here nor there   :P

Anyway, the details (especially the removable top helmet) are all well executed; he has a Sam Fisher feel to him, which is awesome. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline JFC

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
JFC's Customs
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Hey guys, i recently did these figures on commision for friendly 'scummer GuyGoneWeird, just thought i'd let you all critique them or comment on them.  Here we go:

Jet Trooper:

Red ARC Trooper (Captain Fordo):

Blue ARC Trooper:

Group Shot:

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: My Custom ARC Troopers and Jet-trooper
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 05:55 PM »
I like them all. The colors are crisp and stand out. I really like the jet pack clone.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36 PM »
nice clones. i really like the jet pack clone also, it looks like you used body parts from a couple different types of clones. good work!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Delaton

• Youngling
  • FFURG Graphics Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 06:58 PM »
I like them all, but intrigued by the jet trooper, since I'm trying to obtain a Jango backpack for one.  Is you backpack original or cast?  I'd love to find a cast.

Offline JFC

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Its just a jango arena battle backpack PAINTED white.  Though i would have love to use the same backpack cast in white plastic.  If you ever pursue that idea further let me know because i'd be interested in a cast too. 

Thanks for the comments so far guys.  Keep em coming :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Great work glad to see the clone customs are'nt going by the way side keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Very good work, I especially like the Jet Clone.  It's outstanding.

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2005, 12:10 PM »
These are real cool.  I especailly like the clear pole and base rigged up for the flying position.  That's how I always thought that Hasbro should have made the speeder bikes.  That way you could display the bike as if it were flying, or take it off and play with it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JFC

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Latest customs.
« Reply #14 on: November 3, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Thought i'd post some of my latest creations here for you to critique or give me your opinion on. 

First up is a clone sniper which was heavily inspired by the design of AE77's sniper in its early stages.  With a hint of jubjubjedi's sniper, with custom sniper rifle of my creation which may be changed at a later date:

Next up is a boba fett from ROTJ that has bee nan ongoing custom for about 2 years now, and onl recently did i discover the perfect head for him:

Now a Palpatine/Sidious custom from his duel with mace windu.  Admittedly this is more of a repaint but i did totally deconstruct the figure and remove the action feature, i also trimmed the arm pegs so his arms npow pivot at the shoulder regularly, gave him a new 'force lightning hand', gave him a new head, and a seperate lightsaber, which until i find a sidious lightsaber has been borrowed from an episode 1 Adi Galia figure.  I finished with a repaint to match his movie appearence better:

Next up is a WIP complementary figure to the sidious above, a mace windu figure worthy of fighting the great sith lord.  Basically this is made from the lightsaber and hands from a deluxe saga mace windu, the head from a sneak preview mace windu, and the body of a potj eeth koth.  The mods i plan on in the future are im going to cut his skirt to the right length, adjust his collar and give him a nice total repaint to closer match the robes mace windu wears:

Finally i have 2 WIP clones of some description.  Im not sure of there rank, names or paint apps yet but i've been giving them some thought.  Any ideas from you guys are welcome:

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :)

I might upload more pictures of 'em later if i get the time.