Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 113556 times)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 6 - BLUE HARVEST
« Reply #735 on: October 24, 2005, 09:41 PM »
finally i'm done with my bloody half face , crazy,killer/assasian,   O.k. so I havent come up with a name yet but I have come up with a temporiary story.

This dark (bright) person has a mostly secreative life.Everyone fears him.He doesn't have a heart.He is worse that the galaxie's most feared bounty huter,crook,and mercinary combined.He was in a killing and the victim fought back and he was sevrely wounder on a side of his face thus he wears half a mask.He equiped a knife on his right hand (lost in a previous battle {his left leg too} for those close quarters battles.He also carries his special made electric gun.No,it's not like a tazer....this will kill you.

i'm gonna try to get pics up asap.anyone know of a good pic hosting site.

Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #736 on: October 25, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Still not sure if I should do a scary alien custom or one of those "candy corn" troopers! 

Here it is almost 2 weeks later and I still have no idea how to go about this month's entry.

Another week goes by and nothing.  I dug through my pile of fodder figures last night and I still couldn't come up with any great ideas.    :(

I think my indecision is based on not knowing how to take this - maybe there is too much freedom this time?  :D

Eh, I'll continue to ponder and maybe something cool will come to me...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 25, 2005, 02:45 PM »
i'm gonna try to get pics up asap.anyone know of a good pic hosting site.

try www.photobucket.com nomercyjoe.

not to hijack the thread but on a side note, does anyone carve a star wars themed pumpkin for halloween?

last year i did a Boba Fett from Droids, and in the past i have done Jabba, Salacious Crumb, Wicket (yes i know ewoks are scary  :P) Yoda, Maul and i did a Lion-O from the Thundercats one year too. i'm planning on a Biker Scout this year for Joe, i'll post it up on yakface.com once i get it done.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 25, 2005, 03:44 PM »
here is some (blurry) pics of him. (hope this works)

http://photobucket.com/albums/b266/NoMercyJoe/
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 25, 2005, 04:09 PM »
NoMercyJoe, do you have any more clear pics of him?  I think I see parts from a Crimson Guard used.  But it's a little blurry right now.  I'd like to see more, and his backstory is freaky.

Ripley - No, I can barely carve a regular pumpkin... I'd love to try a Star Wars one someday though.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 26, 2005, 10:09 AM »
That's just too blurry.

I have a project I'm working on for this. It's based on a character from something truely scary. The star wars holiday special. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #741 on: October 26, 2005, 03:25 PM »
That's just too blurry.

I have a project I'm working on for this. It's based on a character from something truely scary. The star wars holiday special. 

Sweet Jesus! That's worse than buying a Nemoidian Warrior. :P

Joe your pictures are too blury to see anything. Can you get your mom to take pictures for you? (I seem to remember you are only 14) :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 26, 2005, 06:42 PM »
11,but #1 I'm the only one in this house that can even come close to using a computer.I turnt the flash up on the camera and they came out a little clearer so I'l take some more pics of him.His "knife" fell off so Ill have to salvage the tiny bit of glue I have left.

o,yes to chewie don't feel bad I can't carve a regular pumpkin either. (well unless a undead pumpkin is good.)

I think when you were thinking about me being 14 you were thinking about smartypants.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 06:44 PM by NoMercyJoe »
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 27, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Time's running out guys!  Get your entries in.   :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #744 on: October 30, 2005, 07:41 PM »
OK,

So, going with the Halloween/Trickery theme (after all, Blue Harvest itself was an elaborate ruse), I came up with this guy as my first entry:

Lando Calrissian in Coruscant Guard Armor (from Shadows of the Empire Novel)

OK, so it's not the most complex custom in the world, but so what.  He fits the trickery theme and it's been a custom I've wanted to do forever (I've had this extra SotE Luke body since like '98   ;)).

I've still got to work on the helmet a bit (you can see in the pic his chin still pokes out  :().  A bit of thinning with an exacto should fix that though.

I've got one other thing I am working on tonight should be able to post later or maybe tomorrow (nothing like working to the deadline  :P)!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #745 on: October 30, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Does he have a trick or treat bag? Nice simple custom. I think I'd have used a newer Lando head, but that one isn't too bad. The costume idea is a good one. Who says Lando doesn't like going trick'r'treatin at the Imperial Palace with Luke. ;)

Mine is still in need of another coat of paint then a wash or two and a bit of a drybrush. I have 2 tests tomorrow (not fun >:() and have been playing Paintball all day today so I'm not sure If I'll get mine in by tomorrow. It should be Weds at the latest. :-\
"This is the way."

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 30, 2005, 09:05 PM »
sorry about this off topic but talking about tests last week(or was it the one before?) TESTING-WEEK the most CREATIVE thing the school dept. thought to tick people (under 18 that is ) off.

just a thought    :)
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 30, 2005, 09:40 PM »
Nice custom Jeff.  Simple, yet effective.  Don't know if you want to try it or not, but I think that you could drill into the neck hole area some on the torso to get Lando's neck to fit better.

SLC, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

And here's my second entry - only two this month... sorry!

This would be an Imperial's worst nightmare... a Wookiee Zombie out for revenge.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 31, 2005, 01:03 PM »
That is one mean ass zombie wookiee Chewie! I think I'm going to paint my yoda eye white too.

Jeff its great to see the lando version of that figure. Very old school. Hasbro should have come up with that figure to go with the luke as a two pack.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 31, 2005, 01:07 PM »
I hope to have mine up tonight. It depends on the trick r treaters and how many houses my kids hit tonight.

Besides, my zombie yoda. I will have the Great Zorbak from the Circus of the Damed holo-video as seen in the Star Wars Holiday Special. I need white feathers!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 04:11 PM by Master_Phruby »