Author Topic: RE #17 - TWISTED ALLEGIANCE  (Read 10600 times)

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
Re: RE #17 - TWISTED ALLEGIANCE
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Chewie, I promised you some more Rykrof Enloe commentary, and here it is!  :)

More wonderful work, as always.  It's hard to know what to say and to give many intelligent criticisms on these photonovels because I have almost no experience making them myself.  But even so, I never cease to be impressed by the work and time you put into this series.

I too was glad to have a recap of the events on Dathomir, if for no other reason than I hadn't read that one in a while! 

I always enjoy what you do with light & shadow in these things, and you did some really nice stuff with "night effects" in the Dathomir chapter (no. 16). The campfire scene and the evacuation scene (mentioned by In Rem) are good examples.  But in some of those scenes, the lighting seems flatter & duller than in others.  For example, the solo photos of Asajj, the Witch, and then Kala Mly Shundi on dathomir all seem a bit too green, Kala in particular.  Also, the photo of Rykrof inside the compound at the computer seems to have the same greenish cast as the outside shots, when instead he's inside.  But that's just me being nitpicky, I guess.  :p

Like Quazar, I too like having intrigue and mystery in the SW universe, and you've done a really good job with that.  Good storytelling is what turns a photocomic into a photonovel.

It's neat to see the two treasonous alien senators introduced -- I remember oohing & aahing at them in a customs thread some months back, and I'm looking forward to see what you'll have in store for them in the story.  Of course, since their "treason" is against someone like Palpatine & co., they could still turn out to be all right... of course, you alone know.  :D

Like In Rem, one of my favorite shots was the post-Coruscant-explosion shot -- very realistic, and very bleak in a way that fits the situation. One of those shots that makes you forget you're looking at something made with action figures!

And of course the soft goods Anakin in Palpy's office jumped out at me -- so that's the Evolutions one, is it?  Not bad at all.

All in all, more excellent work again!  Now I'll go say some things about no. 18.  :) And if you ever decide to put all of the installments on a CD-ROM together, please do let me know -- I would be very glad to have one!  8)

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 3, 2006, 10:39 AM »
Hi Findswoman, thanks for the comments, they are appreciated.  I totally agree with you about how some of the pics turned out better than others with the green lighting.  It's a pain trying to get those to look right, as I was using a pretty weak camera at the time.  The one I'm using now is a bit better, but it's not as good as I'd like.  Oh well, they're just toys.   ;)

As for a CD rom, I remember talking about that before.  I could probably still do that, though I'm not sure how I will get the words on them, as the last few stories have them typed under the pics rather than actually part of the jpegs.

:P

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2006, 11:42 AM »
As for a CD rom, I remember talking about that before.  I could probably still do that, though I'm not sure how I will get the words on them, as the last few stories have them typed under the pics rather than actually part of the jpegs.

This may be a really wild suggestion, but what if you put them into PowerPoint? Each frame could be a picture with its accompanying text below, which is abt the simplest sort of PowerPoint presentation there is.  And they'd be in a nice, easy-to-navigate frame-by-frame format, just by virtue of being PowerPoint. 

Of course, this is contingent on whether or not you happen to own PowerPoint -- but there's always Kinko's, I suppose!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2006, 03:02 PM »
I'll see what I can do - I am a moron when it comes to Powerpoint, but anything's possible I suppose.

Also, the first 17 are all up in one spot now online at least -

http://www.thecustomalliance.com/cook/default.asp

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 07:57 PM »
This one rocked! great job
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!