Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117245 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2008, 01:19 AM »
Yeah, that was what I was hoping I could avoid, but I guess maybe not...

I went into the memory and was deleting stuff though that it said I had played, but I know I haven't yet.  For instance they got Assassin's Creed for Christmas, and I've yet to touch it because of time...  I went into memory and to my user name's games list, and deleted AC from it, but when I looked at my profile then later, AC was still listed, as were the acheivements for it.  But in memory I thought I'd deleted them...  It asked me if I wanted to, so it's very confusing.  I'm glad that it sounds like I'm not the only one with some difficulty managing the profiles and deleting stuff though.  That makes me feel better. :)

Yeah, I need to set my profile so it's not logged in automatically for sure...  The kids, no matter how many times I've told them, forget when they have a new game, and just use my profile...  I've got like 8 games deep now that I haven't even started myself, but I've got saved-games for them on my profile.  I'm a little annoyed.

Once something's on your Played Games list, it's there to stay.  You might delete those saves or whatever from your hard drive (which is what you're doing, I think), but those games will always be there on that list.

I've got 30- or 40-something games on my list, but I've only played about ten or so on my own system.  The others I just played for a little bit at my buddy's house on his machine.  There's some crap on there that I have no interest in playing anymore--like Feeding Frenzy.  I'd love to delete that stuff, but. . .  I can't.  Oh well.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 01:21 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2008, 01:28 AM »
I've got a few on my profile I've wanted to delete as well, games that were either arcade trials or games that someone else played on my system. I was looked on Xbox.com for a way to delete the games from my achievement list but there didn't seem to be a way to do it on there either. I wonder why you aren't able to delete them from your profile?

I did get my second 1000 GS the other day though, in Assassin's Creed. And I'm close to my third in Mass Effect. I just have like 6 left to go, even after getting screwed out of the "Asari Ally" achievement tonight.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2008, 01:29 AM »
That's really dumb...  But whatever.  I'm sure when I do get around to actually finishing a game and moving onto these other games I havne't actually played yet, that I'll just be able to start a new one and write over the old one...  Guess that'll have to be the way it is.

Thanks Matt, I'm glad I'm not losing my mind anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Best Buy has the HD-DVD drive for $50 now for those that want it. I believe it still has the offer for 5 free movies by mail as well. Even though it's a "dead" format I think for that price I may pick one up.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 1, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Bah, I'll wait for Microsoft releases a Blu-ray to compete with Sony.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 1, 2008, 12:42 AM »
There was a rumor flying around the net that they were releasing just that this year. Just a rumor though. Even though I have a 360 I would definately pick up one that had a Blu-Ray player built in.

In other news I feel for this guy. Story
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #171 on: March 1, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Got a 360 over the weekend.  GamerTag's below.  If you're in need of some easy target practice in Call of Duty 2, feel free to add me as a friend.  I really, really suck.

Sending out friend requests to Artoo, Anton, and DualSaberMaster (MIA?) today.

Now up to COD2, COD4, Gears of War, Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, and Rock Band, if anyone wants to play.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 2, 2008, 12:09 AM »
I accepted.
I think I might get COD4 soon.
Does anyone else have MUA? It's pretty good.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 2, 2008, 11:04 AM »
We should Schedule a JD team night soon. Sadly, I only have Halo3 and GRAW2.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 2, 2008, 12:16 PM »
I have Call of Duty 2. Anthony you should get that, it was only 20 bucks at Target.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #175 on: March 2, 2008, 01:18 PM »
I suck so bad at COD2!  Not that I'm that much better at COD4, but I'm having much more fun with COD4 than I did COD2, thanks to the unlockable weapons and perks and challenges and all that crap.  I doubt I'll ever go back to 2's multiplayer, since 4's is so good.  (That's not to say that 2's is horrible or anything--it's great--but 4's multi is so much better, in my opinion.) 

(Plus, I don't suck balls at 4 like I do 2.)

(Don't get me wrong, I still suck balls at 4, they're just not as big and sweaty as the ones I suck in 2.)   :D

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 2, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Got a 360 over the weekend.  GamerTag's below.  If you're in need of some easy target practice in Call of Duty 2, feel free to add me as a friend.  I really, really suck.

Sending out friend requests to Artoo, Anton, and DualSaberMaster (MIA?) today.

Now up to COD2, COD4, Gears of War, Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, and Rock Band, if anyone wants to play.

Accepted your friend request Matt.

I'm usually on daily, my game of choice is COD4.  I also have Gears of War, (I suck at multiplayer on that one), G.R.A.W, G.R.A.W. 2.(still haven't played this one)

Anton you should pick up the first G.R.A.W.  I'm replaying the campaign on hard trying to unlock the acheivements, and it would be cool to play co-op on that one as well.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 3, 2008, 10:33 AM »
So many games...

I donno, I've been thinking about my next purchase. Will probably buy the new GRAW2 maps first, but have been leaning heavily toward COD4.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #178 on: March 3, 2008, 12:27 PM »
In the new Game Informer they have a good sized article about the Aliens : Coloniel Marines game that will be released next year. If you enjoy the Aliens movie franchise you should check it out. Lots of great shots it looks very promising.

Just now seeing these today:

If the gameplay's as good as the screenshots, this could turn out to be one hell of a game. 

More info on the gameplay:

"A few years ago, we made a list of a lot of projects that we would really like to work on. At the top of my list was Aliens" -- Brian Martel, creative director

"We're finally at the point where the game in a similiar blockbuster style as the movie was - and be a legitimate treatment, not a watered-down version." -- Brian Cozzens, art director

Aliens: Colonial Marines is a First Person Shooter with mechanics that stress working together as a unit. Four Colonial Marines investigate the Sulaco. Unlike many FPS titles, there is not one central hero character, the role is shared among the whole squad. The game reinforces that notion by assigning the player to control a set marine for a particular mission; you will experience everyone's perspective.

Marines carry four weapons:

* Primary weapon
    * Secondary weapon
    * grenades
    * handgun

Primary weapons like pulse rifles and smartguns, are how class will be represented.

"We wish to remain authentic to the true soldiers, so characters generally do not drop or pick up weapons. That is one of the reasons we switch character during the story - to keep our soldiers realistic, but still give the player access to different weaponry throughout the game."

The secondary weapon will vary and be customized according to the character, like Hicks' shotgun in Aliens.

Each character will also carry a special item they can interact with allies or the environment

* Hacking tool for sealed doors
    * Torch can weld things shut
    * Medical Kit can revive as well as neutralize acid burns.

There are Squad Commands. Besides move and attack orders, you can also use context sensitive commands like hacking doors, sealing vents, and setting up gun turrets.

There will be elements at highlight horror and suspense from the film. Aliens will use the environment to their advantage. Air ducts, ceiling pipes, gratings on the floor. Position, firepower and cooperation will be important. Motion tracker confirmed and flamethrower confirmed.

FOUR PLAYER CO-OP CAMPAIGN
2 players Split screen and 4 players online play! Players can join and drop, a.i. takes over the vacancies.

There will be moments where you can barricade yourselves to survive an onslaught of aliens. With more feelings of tension and desperation to survive.

Character depth will is being worked on. "That's something people forget: The characters DO matter." Everyone thinks 'Oh, they're going to be fodder', but if you don't care about them, they're pointless."

The game will go beyond the Sulaco, there will be human enemies involved that was the aliens as biological weapons. And the mystery of the space jockey's species might be also revealed.

"We have squad mates that need to survive, until we kill them in the story." [This could throw a wrench in the workings of the group, especially if it leaves a player without a marine to control. Gearbox is aware of that but hasn't settled on the best way to resolve the situation. "We are going to make the absolute best co-op game we can make to the extent that it doesn't interfere with the best single player game we can make."

"Obviously there are some things we can't do if there are always four people alive, but there are ways around that situation. We are going to find them, because it's our job to."

CLOSE-ENCOUNTERS SYSTEM
"Close encounters are almost unlimited in their ability to let us do what we want to do. Aliens can interact with the world - it isn't just a bunch of button presses until its over. The alien could leap back onto a cabinet, or another one of your squad mates. He could leap back and through a duct and out of sight."

The marine's actions in the example are initiated by the player through responding to less intrusive instructions. A subtle flash of green on the right side of the screen tells you to move the analog stick in that direction, whereas one in the upper left corner could be a prompt to pull the left trigger. By abandoning the usual control scheme, close encounters makes it possible for the team to create those one-of-a-kind combat situations that capture the flavor of the most iconic moments in Aliens.

"If we were to recreate the power-loader battle against the queen, that would be a close encounter."

TYPES OF ALIENS
"There won't be porcupine aliens shooting spines at you. It can't be goofy or stupid. You have the original Alien, and we sort of think of him as the smart one, as a scout. He'll hide and ambush people. Then there's the Warrior Alien, which we see in Aliens, which is going to be the one that rushes you and comes in volume."

"It's the granddaddy of military sci-fi. With next-gen technology, we can finally do it justice. We can really make the aliens look scary, we can make the setting freaky, and we can create the characters the players care about."

THE GAME WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER CAPABILITIES in addition to the
4 players co-op campaign.

Also looking forward to the Ghostbusters game, which sounds like it may be about as close a thing to Ghostbusters 3 as we're ever gonna get.

Both games are due late this year.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2008, 04:57 PM by Matt »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 3, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Thanks for those screenshots Matt. Some of them weren't the magazine. I'm looking forward to the Ghostbusters video game as well.
I remember my dream now.