Author Topic: yoda  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
yoda
« on: November 25, 2005, 08:32 AM »
Yoda was the second most powerful Jedi. When the Jedi were being killed he was the only one who felt all of them dieing. If the other Jedi knew that other Jedi had died they would have been ready. But only Yoda is ready because he is the second strongest Jedi.
SRWS

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: yoda
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 09:44 AM »
And this relates to collecting how? ???
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Welcome to JD Ginanalbri!

What our esteemed forum member Gatillo means is that this is probably not the best place for your post. If you had placed it in the ROTS discussion thread, it'd be a perfect fit. One of our moderators will most likely move it there, so don't worry about having committed any major faux pa. 8)

As for the topic, that sequence is probably the most problematic sequence in the entire trilogy for me. I didn't like it. I felt it made the Jedi ordinary and not extraordinary as we leared they were in the OT.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Yep, the jedi die to easily and seem to know as much about the force as me.  Jett puts on a better fight than most jedi.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 01:36 PM »
This dosen't relate to collecting. It relates to what had happened to the jedi

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I think it's because so many of the Clonetroopers were super articulated and looked cool w/ different paint jobs while the Jedi had none of that and most warmed the pegs, which dulled their skills...  I think more time should have been spent on the subtleties of the force and how the Jedi use it.  As it is the movie just zipped along and didn't take the time to show how they felt. 

Personally, I think Sidious should not have addressed each Clone Commander but should have made a broadcast to all at the same time.  Then the movie could show each die in turn knowing that the order was simultaneous.   This way they wouldn't have time to "feel it happen" or if they did it would have thrown them "off of their game" enough to be easy targets if they didn't recover fast enough.   Now that would have been cool:  Jedi in battle w/ droids feels disturbance as other Jedi die while his clones turn their weapons on him and before he can get his game face back on BLAM!!!!  -- I should have helped My Lucas out.   It would have been glorious!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:50 PM by rishakra »

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 02:20 PM »
If Sidious had sent Order 66 to the Clone Comanders individually, not all Clone Comanders would have recieved the message. Remember, there are many Jedi generals around the galaxy. There are some in the outer rim.

In addition, not all Clone Commanders are expertly skilled in fighting. I guarentee most of the Commanders were dead. Some of the Jedi survived. I know it.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 03:02 PM »
I know the rumored TV show is going to have a little "Jedi that survived" action in it.  I don' t know much about the rumors even but I hear a little "Young Luke", some Vader and some survived Jedi stories. 

Sidious did send the message so at least some Commanders individually.  The 1st one we saw was quote, "Commander Cody, execute order 66."  Oh, and the ones we did see some others answer him indiviually implying a personal order.   Either way all we know for certain is Cody's was a personal message.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Or another thing is Sidious could have sent it all at the same time but the movie just wants us to see what happened to each major jedi general.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I want to believe he sent it to all at once (besides Cody since he mentions Cody by name).   Can you see it: Sidious sits in his chair and says, "Commander ___, Execute order 66", Click, pause, "Commander ___, Execute order 66", click, pause, ... and so on...   Not cool!

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 05:47 PM »
He probably called Commander Cody by his name because that was the first Commander he called on. Then he must of called all the others at the same time.

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 05:48 PM »
That would be really not cool
SRWS

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile