Author Topic: What happened to Geonosis after Episode III?  (Read 7168 times)

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
What happened to Geonosis after Episode III?
« on: November 25, 2005, 05:52 PM »
I know that the droid production has been moved to Utapa system but i know that the production had to continue some place. Utapa was just the hideout for General Grevious and his company.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Geonosis after Episode III?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 12:09 AM »
Well, droid production was every where, even on Mustafar.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Mustafar was just the hide out for the CIS political leaders Nute Gunray, Rune Haako, and Poggle the Lesser. Why would Poggle go with the rest of the CIS when Geonosis is his home planet and where the droids were originated?

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 05:26 PM »
There was an unactivated droid factory there, besides he was ordered to go to Mustafar.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 05:35 PM »
He was ordered to go there because the Jedi would hunt them down and kill them. Plus there is no proof to the Jedi that there was an unactivated droid factory.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:37 PM »
I know that, I was just saying that because in Battlefront 2 theres a factory
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 06:37 PM »
I think the seperatists abandoned Geonosis because, just about every clone and every Jedi knew it was the main droid factory and seperatist base?  ???
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 08:18 PM »
I think the seperatists abandoned Geonosis because, just about every clone and every Jedi knew it was the main droid factory and seperatist base? ???

I agree with Clone hunter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 01:31 AM »
I think the seperatists abandoned Geonosis because, just about every clone and every Jedi knew it was the main droid factory and seperatist base?  ???

It's tough to say...  After the initial battle there could have been a stalemate to take the planet...  It's fairly remote.  Also whatever CIS support available could have been on the way.  Geonosis was a major player so Poggle just bowing down and handing his dustball on a silver platter doesn't sit well with me.  In envision it being a place either immediately abandoned by the Republic due to the "costs" involved in trying to hold it against the costs in trying to control it via shipping raids and more passive methods of blockade or assaults on droid distribution attempts (from this planet anyway).  I also figure Geonosis is but one of MANY droid factories around the galaxy... 

I envision Cloning stepping up too and moving from just Kamino to a number of other planets...  Good to not have all your eggs in one basket afterall.

Geonosis though I just figure becomes a CIS held world that the Republic maybe eyes strategically but doesn't actively assault till either the end of the war, or immediately after the war's declared over it's basically overrun and controlled.  Just some ideas I had about it anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 01:55 AM »
Did you mean after Epsiode III or Episode II?

If you meant after Episode III, then I assume that ity would just go back to being a rather backwater, isolationist planet like it was before the Clone Wars. It isn't located in a place that would give it much strategic value, so I don't seen any real reason for the Empire to want it. And the Empire doesn't have too much control in the Outer Rim, so it wouldn'y make sense wasting resources defending it. But on the other hand, I suppose the factories could have been converted to produce something for the Empire and the Empire would enslave the Geonosians to work them.

The same kind of thin could be said about Naboo, or any PT/CW planet really, just cause it was important once doesn't mean it always will be. If you put it in earth terms, Kosovo and Yugoslavia were all over the news for along time several years ago, nowadays you almost never hear about them in the news, but it doesn't mean that they are no longer there. I think the same thing happened to Geonosis, with the CW over, people simply didn't care anymore and it just drifted back into obscurity. The galaxy is a huge place, I bet the only reason most people have heard of it is because the CW started there. If you were to ask most Americans to name every country on Earth and find it on a mp without names, not too many people could do it. And there are only about 200 or so countries on earth, there are supposed to be 1000's of planets in the Republic, and 1000's more that are undiscovered or independent.

Now if you are talking post Episode II, I'm going to have to agree with Jesse.
"This is the way."

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Did you mean after Epsiode III or Episode II?

Now if you are talking post Episode II, I'm going to have to agree with Jesse.
Yes i meant after episode II :P

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 07:52 PM »
And what happens on Kashyyyk after Episode III?

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 11:41 PM »
If the holiday special is taken into account, the planet is under Imperial control, but it seems to function sort of like occupied countries do/did during WW2.  Daily life went on, perhaps a resistance movement, but Kashyyyk was relatively rendered neutral and ineffective.

I have this theory that the slave trade pertained to Wookiee's off-world...  That a law's decreed that Wookiee's are "outlawed" species that are to stay on their planet or face possible arrest and enslavement.  Perhaps the law keeps them out of the core worlds, and inner-rim, but they're allowed in the outer rim and less strictly monitored/controlled worlds on the frontier.

The Wookiee's seem to be accepted...  But their possible aiding of Yoda to escape, and how that is viewed by the new order, could really have had negative consequences.  I don't see the planet as being totally enslaved though.  I see outlaw Wookiee's off-world being enslaved due to a law, that'd explain some EU, and things...  It'd mesh with the prequals too I think, and just work well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 12:02 AM »
I was working on a fan-fiction about the fate of Geonosis... my idea was that after the Clones swooped in, rescued the Jedi, destroyed the Droid Army, and then leveled the surface factories and hallowed the arenas... Unfortunately for the Republic, from there onward the battle of Geonosis was completely stalemated by guerrilla fighting Geonosians in the caves.

Think of it like a Vietnam, except the good guys don't have any heavy arms or air support to speak of, and the VC can fly. Entirely infantry and squad based warfare.

Good stuff.