Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127273 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/5- 327th Star Corps Medic
« Reply #585 on: February 5, 2007, 02:15 PM »
I like all the little accessory packs you use,it customizes even more ;D where do you get those?
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/6- Felucia Recon Trooper
« Reply #586 on: February 6, 2007, 09:16 PM »
Eh...various military figures.

Thanks for your comment DR.

Well, I was browsing through some clone customs earlier today and I was inspired by aeseven7's Lagoon Trooper seen here.

The Felucia 4th Unit was a small subgroup under the 327th Star Corps. They specialized in reconnaissance missions that located and tagged droid combat units. Their armor was outfitted with a special oxygen tank that allowed them to stay submerged in water for extended periods of time. Their armor was dotted with gray accents as well as a smear-style camoflauge scheme and often covered in grime from basically living in the Felucian undergrowth for a mission.

Sergeant Derrosk is a tough, battle-hardened clone soldier. One of the best in his unit, he is an excellant leader of his troops and wears a specialized helmet for stealth operations.

To avoid this being a "simple repaint" ( :crazy:), I added the chest pack from a BBi Navy Seal Diver and a greeblie to his scuba pack.

His kit:

Reporting Droid Numbers to Bly:

This was pretty much a random custom. I was stuck home all day today and threw him together.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2007, 06:10 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Felucia Recon Trooper
« Reply #587 on: February 7, 2007, 06:10 PM »
Bump for new pics.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-2/11- 442nd Siege Batallion
« Reply #588 on: February 11, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Today we have a simple weathering job on two 442nd Siege Batallion troops. Nothing complicated, and it's a simple repaint, but it's still a custom.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2007, 12:08 AM »
Today we have a simple weathering job on two 442nd Siege Batallion troops. Nothing complicated, and it's a simple repaint, but it's still a custom.

Thank you! Even though some people work on clones and do repaints, there are many naysayers out there who don't consider a "repaint" a custom. I applaud your effort (as it is my own as well)  ;)

This looks good. Much more realistic than the official ones. As always, the photos add to the realism.

Is the set just something you threw together, or is it part of an existing dio?

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16 PM »
 ;D Those are Cool!!Good job! 8)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Null ARC and Strike Mech Driver
« Reply #591 on: February 17, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Thanks guys. Lately we've gotten several school cancellations, and it's allowed me to finish up a couple of customs. First, I finished up my clone strike mech (aka AT-FK) and I threw together a driver for it:

And a couple preview shots of the mech. The rest of the pics turned out too dark, and I hope to get better ones up later.

I was inspired by aeseven7's Null ARC and DarthDre's "Commander Kriter"

N-7, "Mereel", was one of Kal Skirata's specially trained Null ARCs. Unusually patient for a Null, let alone an ARC trooper, he also had a habit of collecting swear words from his various missions.

Mereel's weapons of choice, when not on special assignments, were a DC blaster pistol, as well as a compact blaster carbine. His armor was painted with gray highlights, as well as a dark green pauldron.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-2/17- Null ARC and Strike Mech Driver
« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2007, 02:08 PM »
 All you guys pull off some cool customs!!! ;D

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-2/17- Null ARC and Strike Mech Driver
« Reply #593 on: February 18, 2007, 11:48 AM »
All you guys pull off some cool customs!!! ;D

AGREED!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Imperial Jungle Operations Trooper and Clone Strike Mech- 2/25
« Reply #594 on: February 25, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Well...another week, another update.  :)

I finally got around to taking brighter pics of my mech- a little blurry, but I still think they can show the detail better than the first two.

I really was satisfied with my Republic-era Jungle Trooper so I decided to creat an Imperial version.

The Imperial Jungle Operations Batallion (423rd JOB) was a unit of highly trained soldiers equipped to survive in the most hostile of jungle environments. Carrying all of their supplies as well as a bedroll on their backs, as well specially engineered camoflauged armor, these soldiers were the best of the best and did their job well.

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-2/25- Jungle Ops Trooper and Strike Mech
« Reply #595 on: February 26, 2007, 01:29 AM »
Amazing as always.

Really like the Mech pilot. Are those DS gunner legs I see?

The trooper with the Airborne helmet looks great. Those washes really give them that "grubby" look.

Just curious, what do you do with all your customs? Storage? Displayed? If displayed, where (shelves, cases, etc.)?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-3/3- Desert Commander and Black Ops Admiral
« Reply #596 on: March 3, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Yeah, the recipe for the driver is:
Torso, head- VOTC Scout
Forearms- SA Clone Trooper
Legs- Death Star Gunner
Belt- Naboo Pilot

Most of my ealier ones are in storage. Boxes, actually. The recent ones are on display on a shelf.

Clone Marshall Commander Urik was in command of the 27th Desert Operations Legion. Their armor was outfitted in tan accents and a kama to protect themselves from the harsh sandstorms that often occured in most desert environments. He was an excellent commander an excelled in desert combat, winning over 5 different succesful campaigns on various planets including Tatooine and Utapau. Shortly after Order 66, disaster struck- his command shuttle crashed and his legs and hands were crushed, as well as shrapnel damage had caused him to go blind in both of his eyes. He was rescued from the edge of death and kept alive on life support in a bacta tank and waited for the Emperor himself to decide whether or not he lived or died.

The Emperor looked at his past combat record and was most impressed. He deemed him too valuable to lose and gave him mechanic arms and legs that were almost as good as Darth Vader's. He was also outfitted with a specially made photoreceptor band-similiar to a droid's-so he would have limited vision. He was made an commanding officer specializing in black ops.

Him as an Admiral:

Well, I hope you like him (them). LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-3/10- Cold Weather Commander
« Reply #597 on: March 10, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Today we have an Imperial commander/general geared up for cold weather missions. Since the Imperial costume designs had been based off of World War Two German uniforms, I figured I'd mix it up a bit and use US uniforms instead. Simple part swap/repaint, but I'm pretty satisfied on how it came out. I wish the pics were better though.

The 161st Cold Weather Operations Unit specialized in what their name stated- cold weather operations. They were a unique group of soldiers- instead of using Snowtrooper-esque armor, they used thermal clothing to keep themselves warm.

General Kantale was a cold, effective leader. Outfitted in thermal pants, gloves, and a custom ordered bantha leather jacket, he was often found on the front lines with his troops, getting himself as involved in combat as his lowest ranks.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-3/10- General Kantale, Cold Weather Operations
« Reply #598 on: March 10, 2007, 10:39 PM »
 ;D Cool custom! He reminds me of John Cleese in Fawlty Towers ;D

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-3/14- Clone Wars Obi Wan
« Reply #599 on: March 14, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Thanks DR.

Well, this custom that I'm about to show you is a bit of a story- yesterday, I felt like redoing my Dark Jedi, Evir Abren to a Clone Wars-era Jedi. But once I added the clone gauntlets, it occured to me I've never done a Clone Wars-esque Obi Wan Kenobi, and since I had an extra Obi head lying around I decided to give it a shot. I tried to make mine unique, giving him some different coloring than all the ones I've see lately.